new above the influence commercial

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by bobba loo, Jun 29, 2009.

1. came on today for the first time here
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAXq-ozZ1Hg]YouTube - The Ads AboveTheInfluence com[/ame]

2. Wow haha the guy blazin looked like he was enjoying himself !

"Nah i'm good" LMAO

3. Where are the facts in these commercials?

There are lots of things that can "ruin your future" and "make your mother cry," is that all it takes to make something illegal nowadays?

Ignorant.

4. i would of said pass that shit!, but thats just me:smoking:

5. My favorite part is how they say "The only voice that matters...is yours," followed by the kid of course listening to them. Why not just say "the only voice that matters is OURS!!!!" They act as though you should actually do what you want when in reality they want to force you to make the decisions they want to prove in some way that their multi-million dollar program isn't a total failure (which it is).

6. yeah i saw this on mtv this morning.
    It really irritated me...maybe because I just watched The Union.

7. I'm glad to know I'm above the influence of that bullshit.

"This will not get thee into a good school"
    Stfu shakespeare, you blazed too. They found bongs in your house after you died.

^ PROOF THAT ABOVE THE INFLUENCE DOES NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER

8. Yeh man these commercials really tend to piss me off. i'm confused as to why they had an angel and a devil on each shoulder. Marijuana=Devil?? wtf and whats up with the pizza guy lol. people these days really need to open their eyes..

9. That is ridiculous. There are plenty of successful people in this world that smoke, and it doesn't mean that you won't get into a good college! It gives a bad image of smokers, and it's really nothing like that! :mad:

10. Its kinda ironic that the guy that refuses the joint reminds me of michael phelps. anybody else here notice that?

11. that kid must be trippin on acid to see shit like that

12. K.smith, it's sad, but there does not have to be facts for these freakin morons to make commercials. Ignorant is definitely the word for it!

Since the thirties, our wonderful government have driven into Joe Q. Public's head, the terrible evil that is the dreaded "Marihuana." Marihuana - the damn fools can't even SPELL it correctly.

Reefer Madness is, to this day, continually being shoved down our throats, and sone young adults, as well as many older adults, believe that shit ver batim.

If anyone has never seen it, I highly (LOL, yea HIGHLY) recommend watching the movie "Reefer Madness." You'll understand the mentality(or the lack therof) behind our guvment's alleged "War on Drugs", which is actually the "War on People Who Use Drugs."

Unite, people, and get active. The time is now to get this stuff LEGALIZED!

STOP the LIES! Write your local, state, and federal officials today, and politely tell them how wrong they are about Cannabis!
    :smoking::hello::smoking:

13. Yup don't smoke weed. If you do you can win 6 gold medals in the Olympics or even become the president of the United States.

14. dude fuck that bullshit its government propaganda man

15. isnt this chump at a party?

16. Lol reminds me of my parents.

"Now do what makes you happy son as long as your not smokig pot."

17. Out of all the above the influence commercials, I think this one isn't too bad. The popups seem cartoon-like and over the top, and I don't see how many people could take this seriously (but maybe subconsciously?):confused:

18. it seriously makes me want to subconsciously smoke an L.

19. i have a question to all you gc'ers out there... which shoulder would michael phelps be on?? :D

20. #20 mattlloyd, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    notice how they show the stoner smoking by himself in a dark room- not with a group of people enjoying himself. Its almost if they are trying to show him as a helpless addict who runs away from social experiences just to get high. They are trying to show that weed has consumed his life and he has to be alone smoking instead of enjoying the party. Fucking propaganda right there.