New 5150 bon g

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by alex591955, Jul 9, 2010.

1. so my new bong, good day, Its a 5150 bout 2' has a perk with splash sheild and ice catcher, with diffuser down stem. and a A/C thats also diffused. and a nice bowl for 300.

i personaly am not happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. looks pretty awesome, why aren't you happy with it?

3. clean it up, then maybe youll be happy with it

4. well the reason i dont like it is the perk in the bong is pretty close to the ice catcher so after the ice melts some the water line acually goes above the dimples for the ice catcher, you end up sucking in water and drags when you clear. maybe its still to new for me to like it. idk i just dont got that gut feeling about it.

5. Dont use ice, its bad for you anyways and not needed.

6. Ice bad for you?? :confused:

7. My friends mom is a Registered Nurse/Hippy that has been smoking for 30+ years. She says it can give you pneumonia if you take big enough rips/or use ice frequently enough. I will take her word.

8. Maybe if you changed that nasty ass water you might be. Try putting less water in the second perc so the drip wont cause the water level to rise too high.

9. Kind of makes sense, but the smoke would have to be hot enough to vaporize the ice so the water vapor would get into your lungs then condense, which I'm highly doubtful anyone's bong has smoke that hot, it would scald you easily.

10. Has there ever been a registered case of pneumonia via bong?

11. i do change the water, the pics where just takin in middle of a sack. and never thought i would hear that using ice is bad for you, thats interesting:(

12. Well, since I doubt there's even been a registered case of pneumonia due to smoking MJ regardless of method, I'd have to question this nurses source on this. Not saying it's impossible, as any "dirty" moist air getting into the lungs could cause issues...

13. You know what else is bad for you? Taco Bell. McDonalds. Arizona Iced Tea. Drinking alcohol. Not getting 8 hours of sleep a night.

EVERYTHING is "bad" for you man. Show me a study proving that someone can get pneumonia from smoking a bong with ice in it and I'll think about believing this fact while I roast another bowl.

Just live life and don't worry about what could be bad for you. Believe the facts, not the unknowns.

14. AnyAll you have to do is pick up the downstem to release the vacuum and the water will fall from the percs into the beaker bottom. If the water level is still too high, then blow into the tube while the downstem is still out to get the level where you want it. I hate using ice in a percd bong cause its a huge pain in the ass to keep emptying the percs and I dont know if this means anything, but on the days after I smoke with ice, I have trouble breathing, start coughing...so I dont do it anymore. Just go with really cold water instead of ice and you will be happy with your piece.

15. #16 TheBud, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    I have this same bong but it's a beautiful green instead of clear. And I only have a normal bowl piece. Mine was bought for $160 with the bowl piece. But it was given to me for free! I personally LOVE mine, it hits very smooth and gets me the most baked out of all other things I've smoked out of(I've never vaporized). You are right about the ice melting and filling up causing water to get in your mouth, I usually just smoke a couple bowls with the ice then dump the ice out. Im surprised your not happy with it, high quality glass. Although I do like my green more than the clear. Nice bong! I'll post pics of mine soon.
    *oh and the only other thing I can think of that i don't like is you pretty much cannot clean the glass where the perc is, i've tried everything to get it back to clear but it's like stained brown.

16. Every breath you've ever taken in your life has had water vapor in it.

17. yeh everything is bad for you a new study showed that alot of thing's have lead in it and 91% of us have it in us...and a shit ton of it. So fuck it ill put ice in my bong get pneumonia or whatever...:p

18. oh no !!!!! maybe that is how my mom got pneumonia:eek: