new 400w hps/mh switchable system, woot!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ISTANDALONE, Sep 29, 2006.

1. woot woot!! i just ordered a 400w hps/mh system today! got it from High Tech Garden Supply. this is replacing a sun system I (i think it's a I) 250w mh with hps conversion bulb. so the question is, do i run both of them together; or sell the old one? what to do, what to do...... should i notice a sizable difference with a 150w upgrade?

2. the primary difference will be the area in which light is distributed. Id say keep both and expand your grow area for more plants and a better overall yield.

3. Congrats on the new purchase, my friend just got the same thing. From what we can tell, the more light the better, but ofcourse there can be downsides like heat, electricity, ect. We decided to wait until flower, but good luck with whatever you decide.

4. ^^ same type/wattage or same brand? if it was from htg supply was the quality good?

5. Not sure what you got, got a link?

6. I've got the 250 watt conversion from HTG and it's good quality. You CAN'T beat the price. I would've gotten the 400 but it'd be too hot for my little area. If you're able to use both, do it. You can't have too much light as long as heat isn't a problem, your yields will be huuge.

7. "If you're able to use both, do it. You can't have too much light as long as heat isn't a problem"

There's your answer right there......^^^^......Peace out....Sid

8. Same reflector, but different bulb and ballast. His is a Hortilux Super HPS bulb, and his ballast is smaller, without bieng open aired, although it does have vents. How big is your space?

9. right now about 24"x36", but i can have it as bit as i need.

10. I strongly advise you to ventilate, than circulate some. Ventilation is going to be key. Get the hot air pulled out of the room from the top and pull in cool air from below. You'll be in bizzness no tyme at all! :D

11. yea, i think i'm going to either modify my existing reflector from my sun system for an inline fan, or invest in a hood that will hook up to one. i was surprised at how little heat the 250w i've got now puts out, when compaired to what i was expecting. i guess the airtemp in my room to be usually 55-60 degrees and the temp in my grow space to be high 70's or low 80's. but for $40 shipped an inline fan is almost too cheap not to buy.