New 2 plant grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Errly Bird, Jan 21, 2012.

1. #1 Errly Bird, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
    Hey guys been a while since last on here. Our last grow unfortunately failed. Learn and try again right? Well we have a whole new setup this time. Home made grow box. Picture will explain. 5500k spectrum. 3 CFL's. 750 lumens per bulb. Using nute solution floragrow with their feedings. Uhmmm the CFL's are on a 24 hour cycle. The plant on the left will be scrog. Added lights for flowering. The plant on the right, for flowering, will use 1000 HPS setup. Not going to scrog. Was curious as to the earliest time to which I could flower the plant on the right? And what yield I can expect as a minimum. Will be adding florabloom with the floragrow for flowering. The temperature is pretty constant on 80 degrees. Humidity fairly constant at 40% Both seeds are gem seeds found in 2 separate bags of headies. One is supposed to be the strain green crack and one coffee kush according to source of product. Germinated both with old method. Put in toilet paper folded and moist. Put in ziplock bag and hung in windowsill for 4 days. Root tails both popped out. Put into grow cubes and grow cubes in soil. 2 1/2 weeks later here we are. Any questions or input would be well appreciated. Glad to back with a new grow.

Attached Files:

2. Hey guys, K here. New day, new update. The ladies are doing wonderful. Lucy (blue cup) and Gumby (green pot) are thriving well under the cfl's that we're using. Below are some updated pics; top view and side views. Look close, and you'll see some beautiful undergrowth on both plants. They're growing rapidly, and we can't wait to start flowering.

Attached Files:

3. Hey guys, K here again. The ladies are doing wonderful. Pics should be getting updated sometime later today....I hope. Lucy (blue cup) got a small trim, and now the undergrowth is exploding. She's absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for pics to get up here. Gumby (green pot) is beautiful as well. Definitely 2 different strains. Keep your fingers crossed for both of them being females! Feel free to offer any advice you may have. Your eyes may catch something ours have missed. Thanks guys, and keep checking back! :smoke:

4. should be fem seeds if the plants hermied

u never mentioned floramicro? are u using this also? it is the most important part of the three part formula LOL

u might wanna try floranova grow and bloom for a simple one part nute program

5. We're unsure of what the plants will be once we flower, they were bagseeds lulz.

We're short on funds at the moment, and floramicro would be a great addition to our program, but it will be added come flowering time.

Floranova is my ideal solution to use, however the only place i can get it here only sells HUGE bottles and insane prices...so I have to go quart by quart, and thus use the FloraGro, and soon Floramicro and Florabloom.

Thanks for stopping by! Keep checking in, and watch the progress of our ladies. :smoke: ~K

6. Sub'd, we can help each other. I have a small op going that also just started. Mine were planted on Jan.3rd. Also bagseed, unfortunately not killer though.

7. D here. Time for the update. Still on a 24 hour cycle. Will be starting back nutes in 5 days. Fresh water for this week. Trimmed lowest 4 leaves on gumby. Getting great light to undergrowth. Lucy is looking great. Not as tall but a lot bushier. Lucy got transplanted and had a few leaves trimmed. Maybe another month and a half and then flowering under 1000 watt HPS setup. Super stoked at the progress.

Attached Files:

8. No new pictures yet but there will be eventually. Both doing well. Lucy is undergoing LST and Gumby is just doing it's thing. More details later.

9. Update. Put Gumby in a 36 hour sleep. Day 1 of flower. Went from 3 CFL at about 5000 lumen overall to 1000 watt HPS for flowering with about 100,000 lumen. Lucy is in her 36 hour off stage now and will start flower tomorrow. This is my second grow and my first failed 1 week into flower. Hope this turns out better. No sign of sex yet but it's only day 1.

Attached Files:

10. 36 hour off stage? before flowering, hmm. I didn't know this, enlighten me please. Is this something your calling "mandatory"? I just switched to flower yesterday and I did no 36 hour sleep.

11. I have never done the 36hour transfer either. What ended the last try?

12. That's might be why your plants are dying in the first week of flowering. You might be inducing to big of a stress on them. But will see how these go. They look beautiful.

13. The reason for the 36 hour off period is to kind of boost the plant into flower. There really is no need to do it but it won't hurt either. And no that is not the reason the first plant failed. I was too anxious and trimmed her dramatically and transplanted her and nute burned her all within a couple weeks. I have for sure learned and hopefully this grow will go a lot farther. GC has always been a tremendous help and we always appreciate opinions and new ideas. Will for sure keep updated and thanks for the questions.

14. It looks to me that you need larger pots for the roots to grow..just my op..looking good tho..gl

15. You see I thought that but I am flowering now at only 7 in. tall. I figured that would be a big enough pot to go though this grow. And I really don't want to stress it now.

16. I like your grow, i hope you have success this time.

17. 7 inches is a bit small to start flowering imo but they look great. I wouldnt expect much bud off them tho!

18. I know it is a bit small but I don't have a lot of room. Overall I figure in the end she'll reach maybe a foot and a half. Does anyone know about what yield I would get from that?

19. lol overkill. Well good luck this time.