New 1st time grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mwil333, Feb 18, 2013.

1. #1 Mwil333, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    Hello folks , 1st grower here , running 4x4xx7 grow tent 400 watt reflux and 600 watt hps. I'm using bag seed so I have no clue of my strand . I started seed dec 27 vegged until feb1st . I femed and top my plants and also pruned. Plants look great and should be ready in 3 weeks . I'm getting purple stems showing up is this a sign of something else ? I'm using some soil with time release nutes and I also use the 3 part nute mix at half dose . Any suggestions ?

2. Plants look pretty good, a little leaf curl maybe back off on the nitrogen. Also how long have they been flowering? Looks like you have 6 weeks left not 3. And purple stems can be bad but also can happen for no reason, how cold do your temps get?

3. I think they been flowering maybe 2 weeks with 1 week pre flowering so may be six weeks ? I'm just going to watch the tri's as far as temp I have no idea . I have a cold attic and I keep a small heater in tent set for 65 night temps day temp I probably between 70 to 75 I use small fan to keep plants cool . Nothing high tech , I'm just roughing it for first time to see what my do's and don't are . I want to go organic with super soil and some sort of compost tea . I'm no farmer but I will start locating things I need for that . I'm using 5 gallon buckets also are those the right size ?

4. Ya no strain can flower in 5 weeks, 6 more weeks minimum I would say. Ya purple stems could be from your colder stems I get that a lot on mine. 5 gallons are fine, I like 7 gallons that are a little shorter and wider but you just need to fit your space best you can. And I also grow organic so if you have any specific questions let me know.