Never dilute your urine for a drug test....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jeepbrah, Jun 26, 2009.

1. So I applied as an intern for this job that pays $12/hour not too long ago. Not bad for an 18 year old home for the summer, right? Well it turns out that I got the job. I was pretty excited naturally since I have $9.00 in my bank account. It also turns out that this particular job requires a drug test. Fuck.

So what do I do you ask? I start looking up any ways to beat this upcoming drug test since I definitely had THC in my system. Due to my lack of money, my only option was to drink water and green tea like none other. I must have drank at least a case and a half of water in 4 days, with an addition seven 23oz green teas. For extra insurance, I decided to buy a home testing kit with some money that my mom gave to me. Turns out that I passed out. I wasn't really sure though how legit that test was though.

It's test day. I wake up extra early and start water and gatorade from the moment I woke up all the way up until I walked into the testing place. I had to take a piss more than ever. They finally call my name to get tested. I piss. It ended up being pretty clear piss. I was still kind of nervous though I'd fail.

I decide to sleep in the next day because I have nothing better to do all day. I wake up when I get a call from the employer saying my urine was diluted. "You need to take the test again", she woman on the phone said. I call the testing place up. They say I can't test again so quickly because I just tested yesterday. I needed proper authorization and such to do so. I called the employer up and everything just got too confusing. The employer needs to call the testing place or vice versa now. The testing agency said dilution = fail.

My mom comes home at the end of the day knowing my sample was diluted because my friend's mom is the one who got me this job. My friend's mom called my mom. She wasn't really even that mad or anything that I essentially failed. My mom even bought a test for me which I legit passed w/o drinking anything.

At this point I don't even care about the job anymore. I might not even call to try and get tested again. I have $9.00 in my bank account. I'm supposed to get a shore house with my friends which probably won't happen now. I'm only home for about a month and a half more before I go back to college which I can't wait for.

Bada Bing, Bada Boom. Moral of the story, don't dilute your DTs.

2. i would hope "im a bodybuilder that drinks 2 gallons of water a day" is enough of an excuse

3. Haha they would never buy that shit because I look nothing like one. They would laugh in my face if I said that.

4. haha, i was talking about me, but i still wonder if it would be an automatic fail

5. you should tell them your a runner
    that shit would work cause runners drink water 24/7 to stay hydrated

6. So I go to take the drug test again today...I didn't have the proper paperwork to do so. I guess it's kind of good because this gives me more time to make sure I'm clean.

I haven't smoked in a week now. Drank a bunch of liquids in the last week. Pass home drug tests. I think I'm safe for the real thing whenever I finally take it.

7. substitution method.

bring someone elses or buy some synthetic online. i always use the substitution method (i use synthetic) and never had a problem.

i know it's after the fact but this is more for people who'll read in the future: if you do try the dilution method - there's no need to tank-up on fluids 3-4 days before the test. you just need to fill up on w/e you're going to use (water is probably the worst... use mt dew or gatorade) only a few hours before you go take the test. pissing like a racehorse for a week doesnt do anything to speed up metabolism or clean your system out.

8. It's been 8 days since I last smoked and my metabolism is fast as hell. All the shit I drank I believe did clean my system plus exercise. I took a home test twice and passed.. I think I'm actually legitimately clean now.

9. you could very well be clean but i just wanted to point out that drinking liquids doesnt "clean" out your system - it simply dilutes the number of metabolites your body is releasing into your urine. exercise on the other hand, DOES work.

dont torture yourself drinking gallons of water for 5 days... it doesnt do anything. just drink the night before or a few hours before you take the test, thats all im saying.

i always lobby for the substitution method simply because there's no gamble involved - why take a chance with the dilution method (which you've already failed with once) when you can pass 100% with substitution? life's less stressful when you know you're going to pass and you dont even need to stop smoking :)

10. my aunt didnt try and dilute hers and it was somehow.. she drnkks a lot of water normally an she doesnt smoke weed but the she tested an it was dilluted so they should have to give you another chance...

11. Yeah you're probably right. I would do the substitution method but I feel like the testing place is on to me now since I already diluted before. I thought the sub urine also had to be a room temperature? How did you keep it between 90-100. Hopefully all goes well next week anyway. I feel confident about it.

12. Good luck when you take the test again.

13. #14 Sychonaut13, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    I owe my experience to everyone researching this. I have had 2 urine samples sent to labs for non-DOT employment and passed both just drinking about 1/2 a gallon of water within a couple hours. Recently I smoke high grade bud everyday. My recent test was done at Quest Diagnostics and I only quit smoking for about 24 hours in case of a swab. Its not a bad idea to call the MRO a few days later imo. My results were sent to the employer the day after visiting Quest which is a good implication you passed, but I didn't hear anything until my background check was finished as well.

I weigh 150 but I don't think weight has anything to do with this method. I also find it hard to believe they send clear samples to GC/MS. Either I have naturally high creatinine, they don't check, or im a lucky one. I don't recommend anyone to neglect strict instructions with creatine and vitamins but I haven't needed it. I hope this helps someone, and much thanks to others sharing their results and knowledge.

14. Substitution method doesn't really work in some cases..... when my mate went for his driving test in the philppines (you need to be drug tested even before you get your license) and he tried to smuggle someone urine for his drug test, but that didn't really work out since the guy (that did the drug test) found out about it (and yes, you can't close the door when you pee, so the drug tester is watching you)

LOL, i just pissed myself laughing at your comment.... but its all funny, eh