"Never Again" Didn't Last Forever.

Discussion in 'General' started by AK Infinity, May 27, 2006.

1. you said hamas....

ok...........

you realize hamas is a terrorist group, who fights jews, BECAUSE of the genocide agiainst the muslims.... and the only reason we classify them as a "terrorist" group, is because of the methods of thier fighting back, sorry they dont have an army like the US, if they did they woudlnt be called terrorists

2. i find it quite pointless for me to post in threads like this, but fuck it i will

my opinion is dont sweat shit like this, because as long as "opinions" exist there will be war, violence, hate, n all that kinda shit. There will never be peace in the world unless the governments find a way to brainwash everyone to think the exact same thing, but since that wont happen, there will always be homicide, genocide, slavery and war somewhere in the world.

3. Killing of innocent people can never be justified.

I got neg repped for my post on Hamas saying 'your an idiot', i don't know if you negged me, Furlong, but if you did, i'm really dissapointed. If it was somebody else, i mock you, because you can neg me all day long and i'll still be far more respected than you.

Hamas is a militant group which has a terrible disregaurd for human life in the quest of their goals. They don't recognize the jewish race or the nation of Israel and they kill because of that. They kill because that is the site of Mohammed's acension. They kill because they have been misinformed and conditioned to think that by political leaders using Islam as a tool.

<SUP> </SUP>

And the following is an excerpt from Hamas scripture called "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion":

And as for Hamas simply being retaliation:

I hope I've perhaps provided you with enough information to back up my thinking.

As far as the American media demonizing these arab combatants. Anybody can see it. I was American news just to see how different it is than Canadian. In Canadian newspapers we're calling them what they are; "rebels". Not 'terrorists' or 'insurgents'.

Hamas is a viracious political group which uses terrorism and outright civillian murder to get their point across. That is where they loose genuine impact. They don't understand the demonization and how American citizens don't think the U.S. Army is responsible for equal or even more civillian casualties.

It will never be justified in my mind. As long as people who aren't invovled have to be dying; people's mothers and fathers and children die from shrapnel of their bombs. Their geo-political motives are genuine, but they and the american media have simply discredited them trhough manipulation and unfair coverage.

4. It was not me who neg repped you, all i am looking for is intellegent response, and you gave one.

"Our conflict with you is not religious but political. We have no problem with Jews who have not attacked us — our problem is with those who came to our land, imposed themselves on us by force, destroyed our society and banished our people.[21]"

you have to understand that when they say no problem with he jews, its the jews of the world. The jews of ISREAL are the ones they are talking about when they say "those who came to our land, imposed themselves on us by force, destroyed our society and banished our people". Its a genocide of the muslims by the jews in that AREA. my family in palistine is not part of hamas but are rebels, just like half of the fucking country there, trying to fight off invaders..

+rep for an intellegent response

5. My intent by starting this thread was to promote dialogue. The more time we spend talking about things like this the more alert we remain. "Never again" doesn't have to be a string of meaningless words, it can be a community of alert and compassionate men and women that happen to share a passion for cannabis.

Stay green!

6. Its something how governments can sit idle by and watch this go on. Quite sad, not sure what to say though.

7. then what exactly are you doing to "be alert".

dialogue is great, and its one of the most valuable tools you all may have in your fight for legalization of pot. but what exactly are you doing?

we could talk about this all day long, but this is an internet forum of somewhat like-minded people. its a much more challenging, and therefore more rewarding battle to change other people's perspectives about drugs (in yall's case, pot) and turn the tide against misinformation.

there are some who say, "i will partake no matter if it is legal or not".

i must admit that i have argued this point as well.

but this is foolishness. if you really love your substance, why not fight for it? what if we had special theaters that catered to the drug user's? what if we could go to the corner store and pick up our desired substance, not worrying about getting ripped off, getting pinched by the law, getting shot, and also being assured of the quality and purity of the drug we desire?

the black market is eliminated, organized crime as we know it is destroyed, and we would be able to use our drugs in peace.

get active. get vocal. cuz knowledge is power!

8. Hey bro, I am "active" and "vocal" about the cause of cannabis. My part consists of finishing a book about growers I'm working on and openly engaging anyone that will listen on the subject. Because this is a forum all I can do is post on it but in my "real life" it's quite the opposite.

Also, I respect that I'm part of a larger organism that's made up of all humanity. Each part can contribute to the overall health of the body. Not everyone has to be vocal about the cause but everyone can play a part. The black market will never be eliminated as long as there are profits to be made and people to turn a blind eye.

Last point, bro, I'm a grower so the little bit that I am exposing myself in my community is a huge risk. As much as I'd like to sit behind bars to prove I love cannabis I can't and I won't. I have too many people that depend on me at the moment therefore some anonymity is desired in this climate of intolerance.

"Mistrust those in whom the urge to punish is strong."

~Friedrich Nietzsche~

Peace.

9. one word...

BURN

10. Ah, Im glad someone else is aware of the violence in Darfur...Ive been collecting change and donations for the Salvation Army for the past 3 weeks. Its sad I see people sleeping in Global Diplomacy while the teach is talking about this stuff.

+Rep for not being your average stoner.

11. Thank you Predator1 for doing something in your part of the world to address this issue +Rep. The more people that follow such an example the quicker it can be eliminated. I don't think I'm foolishly optimistic because there are a lot of good people in the cannabis community and on these forums, and that alone is quite a force to be reckoned with.

Peace.

12. I think that when confronted with the atrocities of the world, it's important to dig deep to the root of the problem. People are often quick to blame religion, government or social classes when it comes to these issues, but what actions follow up that kind of finger-pointing? We demonize groups of people and declare that they're the problem, be it politicians, the rich, or another ethnicity. What comes next? Getting rid of these groups becomes a cause that people are ready to fight for, but in trying to solve the problem they see at the surface, they're perpetuating the deeper one.

You can deplace populations, emprison criminals and change governments a thousand times but if there is still fear and hate at the hearts of men, then nothing will really be solved. You can't eliminate hate just by redirecting it. The change has to come with within. When love and compassion spread between people, then conflicts, wars and corrupt governments are solved from bottom up.

I think that if you care about the world, the first place to start is with yourself. Every time you indulge in a hateful thought or emotion, you send a negative ripple into space. Fear and distrust start small but with time they grow and combine with the hate in the hearts of others to create atrocities at a grand scale.

Never underestimate how powerfully you're connected to the people around you. A good deed you do for someone now will be passed on by that same person in the future. If you commit your life to the propagation of love, the ripple you've made in your lifetime may save thousands of people in the generations to come.

At least that's how I see it,
    Peace:smoke:

13. Good thoughts AndyPL. People have to understand that it's the future of our species that's at stake. We have enough comfort and technology at our disposal to buffer our natural sensibilities from seeing what's really happening in the world. We must act now before it's too late, we've already tied one hand of the future generation behind its back with our greed and shortsightedness must we tie the other?

"Many present efforts to guard and maintain progress, to meet human needs, and to realize human ambitions are simply unsustainable -- in both the rich and poor nations. They draw too heavily, too quickly, on already overdrawn environmental resource accounts to be affordable far into the future without bankrupting those accounts. They may show profits on the balance sheets of our generation, but our children will inherit the losses. We borrow environmental capital from future generations with no intention or prospect of repaying. They may damn us for our debt to them. We act as we do because we can get away with it: future generations do not vote; they have no political or financial power; they cannot challenge our decisions. But the results of the present profligacy are rapidly closing the options for future generations..."
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>~The UN World Commission on Environment and Development, 1987 Stephen H. Schneider, Global Warming, p. 163.~ </CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    Stay green.

14. I hate to ruin the intellectual debate, but I have a quote that really fits:

"As different as we have be taught to look at eachother by colonial society,
    We are in the same struggle, and until we realize that;
    We will be fighting for scraps from the table
    Of the system that has kept us subservient,
    Instead of being self-determined
    That is why we have no control.
    But you see, here in America,
    The attitude that is fed to us, is that outside of America;
    There live lesser people; 'fuck them, let them fend for themselves'
    No. Fuck you, they ARE you."

~ DJ Immortal Technique
    'The Poverty of Philosophy'

15. Mercy Mercy Me...

Oh, mercy mercy me
    Oh, things ain't what they used to be
    No, no
    Where did all the blue sky go?
    Poison is the wind that blows
    From the north, east, south, and sea

Oh, mercy mercy me
    No, no
    Oil wasted on the oceans and upon our seas
    Fish full of mercury

Oh, mercy mercy me
    No, no
    Radiation in the ground and in the sky
    Animals and birds who live nearby are dying

Oh, mercy mercy me
    What about this overcrowded land?
    How much more abuse from man can you stand?

My sweet Lord
    My sweet Lord
    My sweet Lord

~Marvin Gaye~

Stay green!

16. hahahah a motown singer and a DJ quoted in the name of philosophy. thats awesome.

17. True that.

"The more deeply I search for the roots of the global environmental crisis, the more I am convinced that it is an outer manifestation of an inner crisis that is, for lack of a better word, spiritual... what other word describes the collection of values and assumptions that determine our basic understanding of how we fit into the universe?"

~Al Gore~

Peace.

18. wow AK. i had the upmost respect for your posts and then....you quoted al gore.

you know he's always been backed by environmental lobbyists right? you do know that people write his stuff for him right? he doesnt really stand for that, he just gets paid to say it.

even if he did believe in that, once you start receiving money for the message you convey, every word is suspect and youre words are not to be trusted.

but then again i just smoked my first bowl of the day so who cares, quote what you want.

19. I've found myself disagreeing with many people in life for various reasons but something I've gotten rather good at is separating the message from the messenger. The truth is the truth no matter who says it, granted if it comes out of the mouth of someone we mistrust we're not going to readily accept it, but we have to look with better eyes than that. With the world being on the brink of annihilation it would serve us well to parse out "the truth" from "the lies" based on the validity of the arguments not our political stances or emotions about those politics. Truthfully, I was a pretty hard-line sort of guy back in the day, got in a lot of debates, and alienated many. But as time moved on I realized that if the very mountains can change their places my simple human beating heart could too and had been the pallet all along and the experiences that I'd fought so fiercely against were the paint.

Al Gore may not be on everyone's best friend list but what he's saying is too important to be brushed to the side in the name of politics, our very survival may depend on it.

I'm about to roast a bowl myself bro, see you in Nirvana.

Stay green!