net pot plant limit question for babies

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Blazex1, Nov 22, 2011.

1. I have 2 net pots in a 5 gallon res but they are pretty small i originally wanted to do a micro grow but upgraded
    so I am pretty sure they are 3.75" diameter ones
    I have like 3 or 4 seeds in each Just in case some didn't make it since theyr bagseed And wanted to have extras incase males show up

I know these are small pots my question is Do net pots this small limit the growth?
    and if I end up with 2 in each pot will that be a problem if I can controll lst?

2. one plant per net pot...

just for the sake of the argument... if you had two, and they did grow out and one ends up male, how do you untangle the roots so you don't have dying matter in the DWC?

one plant per net pot....

3. I agree with Tihspeed 100%.

4. mee too.... :hello:

5. so should I take the others out now? I cant leave the roots in therE? why?

6. yes take them out... plant them some place else..

dying matter.... if having dead plants was good we would all be crushing up our plants and stuffing them into our dwc's... it will cause problems with the soup and in turn cause problems with the roots of the living plant...

7. A piece of rotting leaf once caused the main stem of a plant to begin to rot. The whole plant eventually died due to stem rot. It was a slow process of trying to stop it with hydrogen peroxide and hand sanitizer and keeping it very dry.

8. so what if I dont pluck them and just let them grow?

9. Bad things are gonna happen and your gonna end up with nothing in the end.

10. and your sure about that ? if I lst them 2 ways they wont grow properly?
    I had a 6 foot plant and I believe two main stems that big would fit in one net pot 420 patient whats gona happen? messed up root structure? pour stability?

11. #11 420patient, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    I sujgest you do some reading on the Maijuana plant man plants will naturally defend themselves from other root structure to insure there survival, and with them intangled like that they are gonna be going thru a hell of a lot of stress... Altho i have seen where some poeple will put 4 or 6 plants in a 50gallon rubbermaid container but i believe they at least seperate them with deviders. Never heard of anyone putting more than one per netpot tho, Only way i would even consider it would be to have Fem seeds of the same strain... In the end i would put 1 plant per 5gallon cause ur gonna get more bud that wa.

12. ok well thanks for all the help from everyone some seeds didnt make it I will be removing the ones growing slower I guess
    happy thanks giving
    im closing this thread now

13. What will happen is you will get one male and one female, then a pound of seeds. Then if you decide to cut the male down its dead roots will be a problem.

You can take the chance, and do it anyway. Its what I would do if I was just having fun with my grow, instead of trying to be economical.

14. I took out the couple extra seeds I planted in ther hopefully the main plant isnt going to suffer from the babies roots but I think I got them all I got flora kleen if anything happens ill keep a close eye on em thanks

15. [quote name='"420patient"']I sujgest you do some reading on the Maijuana plant man plants will naturally defend themselves from other root structure to insure there survival, and with them intangled like that they are gonna be going thru a hell of a lot of stress... Altho i have seen where some poeple will put 4 or 6 plants in a 50gallon rubbermaid container but i believe they at least seperate them with deviders. Never heard of anyone putting more than one per netpot tho, Only way i would even consider it would be to have Fem seeds of the same strain... In the end i would put 1 plant per 5gallon cause ur gonna get more bud that wa.[/quote]

I have 3 (my thing is made for 4.) And they are in their own net pots. All Fem. All Kushage. All in a 6 Gallon Res (Bubble bucket) U can read further details in my journal. But I'm here to tell you that this is way more work then it would have been in separate pots. I check and correct ph twice a day. The ppm goes ape shit and I have to pump and dump some nutes or add water. I do it like that cause A) It was completely uncomplicated to set up and my girly brain couldn't grasp the concepts of the other systems. B) I'm in very limited space.