Nelson Mandela dead at 95

Discussion in 'General' started by Kuollut, Dec 5, 2013.

1. #1 Kuollut, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. He was a beautiful man. Not just cuz He looks like Morgan Freeman . 

3. 95... he had a good run :)

4. Well, he lived a very long life and accomplished a lot, and died peacefully. We should all be so lucky. 

5. Very inspirational revolutionist, R.I.P

6. i can't even imagine going through shit he did. they should rename south africa after him.. 

7. R.I.P 

[​IMG]

8. Righhttttt, not that I thinl you meant it in this way, or that i'm trying to be negative about nelson mandela. But overglorfication like you suggested will inevitavly lead to maladaptive thinking ideologies/ easy propoganda and political manipulation, because it puts something on a pedastal were it can be touched by logical arguments, much like jesus or mohammed for example.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. lol it was obviously a joke...

10. R.I.P Mandela!

11. Glad to see this here. Unfortunately, my friends on facebook have yet to post a single comment about this passing even though it is very recent. No disrespect to Paul Walker or anyone else for that matter, but the moment Paul Walker passed, my page was flooded with comments about his passing instantaneously. Yet, with Mandela's passing, I have still seen nothing on there....It's disturbing, honestly. I know Paul Walker did many good things within the community and for people he knew or had encounters with, but I just find it kind of sad I'm not seeing at LEAST the same from the people I know. *sighs*

R.I.P. to the both of them.

12. Shadows and dust.

13. I think he's been dead for a while tbh.....unless you count being brain dead on a ventilator, alive.

I remember reading months ago rumors his family didn't want the world to know for fear of an uprising.

Don't take my words as truth. It's all hear say anyways. I know practically nothing about this man.

14. He's one of the last of a generation , I just hope young people learn from him.
    I will certainly have my TV off for awhile , because if not I'll probably break it as a result of all the rage inducing Obama comparisons.

Let's not forget that this freedom fighter was on the united states TERRORIST WATCH LIST until 2008 for fighting against the awesome and fair apartheid regime.
    It was probably justified of course ...

15. Jesus Christ. Don't wish death upon anyone, but this is as close as I get. If you don't know what you're talking about, shut up and don't talk. All you had to do was say R.I.P. Only idiots care for you to elaborate and confirm what we already know.

If one more famous individual needs to pass this week, let it be her....

Again, R.I.P. Mr. Mandela

Attached Files:

16. ^that picture

17. R.I.P Ending Apartheid saved South Africa & more

18. Did I just read what I think I did, or was my brain like, jacking off? :confused:

R.I.P N. Mandela.

19. Great man, the world needs more people like him. RIP 

20. Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela was an incredible symbol for morality