Neglected SYN Double Showerhead Perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by xsaqzw, Sep 16, 2012.

1. To make a long story short, I left my bong at a friends house for around six months (I had moved three hours away) They never cleaned it so what I did was Iso 91% with epsom salt for one week straight. Changed the Iso and salt ever day or so.. Shaking violently a few times a day. This is what I was left with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I'm wondering if there is any better solution to use to clean a bong this complicated to it's almost original state..

Any help would be fantastic!
    Nicholas

2. get some acetone and let it soak for an hour or so, it should eat that right off. clean the fuck outta it after that though with ISO, don't wanna be inhaling acetone haha. I always used it to get the hard to get off chunks

3. Have same problem with my SYN might try that.

4. Purple power from wal mart. Soak it over.night than rinse and enjoy. Will be spotless for sure

5. How could you just leave it for 6 months? poor thing :(

6. Purple Power, Grunge Off, Simple Green, etc. etc.

Let it soak over night.

7. Yeah, I'd soak it in any of the above recommendations. Iso isn't a good solvent to just soak your glass, it works much better with constant agitation than anything.

8. just use grunge off or simple green, will come right off

9. Thanks everyone! I'll try one of those suggestions and post some pics up after I get it clean!

10. Grunge off, but let it soak for a day or 2. It has never let me down, and it's re-useable. I used the same grunge off for a year and a half before it stoped working quite as well. $16 for a year and a half of cleaning! I think it's worth it.

11. You're gonn'a have to take it to the dry cleaners :/

seriously though, i say pour a lot of iso and salt solution with, use brown salt it's bigger and then get a scrub that pits in the tube and gently scrub.

12. The best cleaner is powdered brewery wash, or PBW. You just use a small scoop and add water to soak for a couple hours after shaking.

Clean as new

13. ISO is only worthwhile because it doesn't dissolve your salt, which allows for aggravation when you shake it.

I saw some worthwhile recommendations for soaking it though above. I can personally say purple power is the best! Just be sure to use ISO after you do that, I wouldn't want to inhale any residual matter out of that beautiful piece of glass.

Glad you found her and she can be saved. Grats buddy!

14. phx cleaning solution is amazing. from personal use. completely destroys iso imo.

15. Grunge off like errrone said. But the purpose of this post , smack said person borrowing tube.

16. Pour some hot water through it first before you soak it though. The heat will help loosen the resin up. You can also try heating the ISO. Can't imagine how the dirty the before picture must have been.

17. Wouldn't heated iso dissolve the salt slightly more? I just use room temperature iso and kosher salt (kosher or margarita salt seems to be the best, you want a thicker grain because it gets a better tumbling action) to clean my straight tube and I haven't had any problems getting it clean as the day I bought it

18. I wouldn't heat iso inside unless it was properly ventilated and was an electric heat source.

Even then, still taking a risk

19. Simple Green Concentrate. You'll thank me later.

20. Okay i came up with this new solution. Acetone , Iso 91% , and vinegar. Mix acetone to vinegar then throw str8 iso in that bitch. It weakens the gunk then the iso eats it off the walls.