Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Negative Side Effects of Smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Craig Benefield, May 10, 2010.

1. its funny most of the negatives i get only when i dont smoke for like 2 days or more. Other then that when iam smacked I get shit done

2. the only negative effect i get is paranoia
    for the people who say weed makes them unmotavated imo weed does not make you unmotavated AND SPEAKING FOR MYSELF HERE im a lazy person sometimes ill admit that but when i smoke i wanna do things IE clean or just get out of the house even going to work stoned and still being very productive
    this is not the case all the time
    other times i just wanna chill on the couch or on the computer just depends on my mood
    weed has helped my depression and anger issues

just my 2 cents

3. The only negatives for me are Cottonmouth the next day or a few hours after smoking.. Short term memory lost when I'm super baked.. for example... (I sold a half o and forgot I had actually came into my room go into my drawers grabbed it went back outside drove to the customers house and came back and kept getting baked the next day I was tripping out about the missing half.. but then I remembered LOL... I had extra money ....ANYWAYS BACK on the subject.. Paronia just a little bit when I first started I would get stoned and be in my backyard alone ... I live in the city so you hear all sorts of strange sounds and it trips you out..Well it used to.. Overeating ... This happens when I haven't ate nothing all day.. But usually I get high and but a bottle of orange juice and some doritos..
    Lack of motivation... Well I wouldn't blame that on weed because I've always been a lazy person this just makes me a lil lazier which doesn't help when you trying to get shit done..
    I also sleep a lot after having heavy sessions the next day I feel very tired and cranky.. but it goes away as the day goes by.

For pros:
    It makes conversations better.. Movies better, Music better, Food taste better.... It like enhances the way you live life.. It's like going from VHS to DVD when it's MIDS and from DVD to Blue Ray when its DANK.. LOL

Makes me feel really relax and if I have any type of muscle pain it just makes it go away... You feel numb and it feels great..

4. I use it to treat my anxiety and depression but even then it doesnt do it 100%.
    I also have asthma so im pretty much fucking my lungs up alot.
    I also have short term memory loss, ill forget what im doing.

I once was cooking ramen, forgot about it, went into the kitchen and my cat wanted me to pick him up. So i did, my shirt hit the stove and caught on fire, i now have a scar about the size of a baseball above my ass and itll be there for atleast 4 years my docotr said. :(

5. There is only really one big thing about marijuana that is a down side for me. The memory loss, when smoking our very good friend, Mary Jane, the receptors in the brain, for a lack of a better word, become frazzled. I know this is far from the technical term for it, but the end result is that the information in the short term memory data bank does not form and or transfer to the long term memory bank in the brain. This results in the stoned memory loss. On another note, one of the worst things you can do is go to bed baked, yes it may seem like the deepest sleep you have ever had but at the same time you need much more of it. The reasons behind the deepness of the sleep is the THC prevents information to be transferred from the short term memory to the long term resulting in a lack of REM sleep. Besides not dreaming, hence the perception of a deep sleep, this reduces the rate at which the body recuperates and thus requires much more sleep to recover.

6. maybe you haven't found the right strain for it? i'm sure the medical subforum can help.

and for your lungs you should really get a vaporizer! healthiest way to get that sweet sweet THC into your system.:yummy:
    best investment i ever made into being a weed-smoker.

interesting info, herglic!
    i figure i need about 1 hour more sleep than i do without smoking.
    do you happen to have a source for that info handy? i'd like to read up on it.
    but quitting the 'evening closer' would be very hard for me... i love that seamless transistion to sleep. :smoke:

7. Eating all my food! I don't have the money to be blazed! I get more food all the time, I get bags of combos, and then eat them all, then it's back to the store. It was cooler when I was broke, cause then I couldn't get munchies, I just chewed my hand.

8. true dat an you cant donate sperm if yuou toke

9. The science behind the effect of cannabis on the mind is extremely interesting to study, even when sober. If you want more information on the subject about thc's effect on memory, check out this link. It is a bit Lon but extremely full of good information.
    HOW DOES MARIJUANA AFFECT THE BRAIN? | Serendip's Exchange

This next link may sound a bit biased but has a lot of good information about thc's effect on rem sleep cycles and all over all have good information.

Marijuana, Sleep and Dreams | Psychology Today

10. I've noticed short term memory loss. However, I think that if you regularly do mind engaging activities and stay active you can fix it. Your brain is just like any other muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it gets.

On a side note pot will make you lazy, if you think lazily when you smoke but if you have a focus or drive before hand you toke, then you are you ready to do what your ready to do.

11. FUCK negative side effects! You shouldn't even worry about them. If you're worrying about the negative side effects of smoking marijuana, then you shouldn't smoke it.

Just enjoy and let it take you wherever it does.

12. money issues, weight fluctuation, sadness-due to destruction of my plants, slight depression, being highly self concsious when high.

13. Oddly, opposite to you, I smoke so I don't think too much and be self conscious.

14. memory sux
    lungs suck combined with asthma
    appetite is fueled by pot
    weird sleep habits
    no money ever

15. Dot. My biggest drawbacks are money and sleeping. I cannot sleep if I don't smoke that night. I either got to be smoking heavely through the day, or take a couple hits right before a I go to bed. And just moving to another state with no job and no money has me at a love hate relationship with marry jane right now lol

16. Health:
    -Lungs only If you smoke a lot especially shitty weed, but if it is bad just get a vape, problem solved...
    -Lowers your sperm count (not like thats a bad thing for me right now)

Everything Else:
    -Loss of short term memory (I loose soo much shit when I burn a lot)
    -Can get expensive
    -I think a little slower if I am doing it daily.

I don't think you can blame 'Lack of Motivation' on herb, you just have to be responsible with it. Treat it kind of like alcohol, you wouldn't have a few drinks if you have shit to do, if you have important shit to do, do it and then go burn.

But really, for me the Pro's far outweigh the Con's. Just take a t-break every once and a while and all the negatives go away any your fine.

17. I havent been smoking that long but: - loss of apetite when not smoking (ive lost 40 pounds which isnt so negative.) - Harder to sleep with out thats about it.

18. -Increased sex drive while high, decreased otherwise
    -Cant sleep without smoking first
    -Think a lot of little things are stupid and not worth doing but i should do them anyway
    -Feel a little sick in the mornings, might be because i munch hardcore then fall asleep though
    -Still have dreams
    -Not as sharp in school, i actually study now
    -Im only lazy when im stoned
    -I dont worry or get stressed when i smoke so whenever i quit for a while its hard to handle those things.

19. there are negative side effects?

20. Def loss of motivation for me, but id compare that to the same feeling after drinking and feeling a little hungover and lethargic the next day. It only really lags for 1 day before i become normal again. Then again im pretty lazy naturally haha so i use the next day also as an excuse to sit on my arse and do nothing productive