Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Negative Side Effects of Smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Craig Benefield, May 10, 2010.

1. while the benefits still outweigh the drawbacks BY FAR, i've noticed that:

- i stopped remembering dreams a few years ago. i don't mind this, except i'm unsure weather it's healthy or if there is some basic function of my subconscious that is being suppressed which will come back to bite me in the ass.

- during the colder months i get dry eye problems (low humidity + weed)

- about 5-6 yrs ago i started getting nightsweats... but i'm not sure if it's the ganja or just age-related metabolism changes

- i can't rid myself of the general low level paranoia you get by doing something forbidden (especially strong during harvest time :D )

- after smoking daily for so long (~8 yrs), i've got my system down pat... i know the effects inside out and there aren't as many 'surprises' as there were when i started smoking...

oh, and decreased sex drive is a big PLUS in my book!
    can't wait for the little devil to stop trying to command me around...

2. ive been smoking for almost 9 years every single day..not a day i dont smoke..and i have not had one bad side effect..except a little mucus here and there ha..but my health isnt bad one bit..my doctor even said my lungs are doing great barley and blockage :D

3. If you eat too much, nausea, headaches, thats about it really.

4. Saying there is no negative side effects simply means this, youve been smoking for so long every day that you dont even notice the problems and emotions your numbing yourself too.

Short term memory loss
    No Motivation (somtimes)
    Numb yourself to certain feelings that you need to deal with in life when sober
    Numb yourself in certain situations that you have to deal with in order to grow and be able to handle these situations in the future.

5. Where am i? Can someone remind me what the thread is about? ;)

6. out of my 5 years, 3 being a everyday smoker..

`overeating
    `exaggerated sex drive
    `lack of motivation
    `short term memory loss
    `muscle spasms
    `bad mood when without
    `laziness
    `decline academically (due to the lack of motivation to read)
    `paranoia
    `dramatic decline in monetary funds
    `family issues
    ` less than neutral view on the world

i smoke with fonta leaf so..

7. The burning paper is bad. People who smoke too much for their own good - Those people are waisting their life.

Learn how to smoke - Learn how to live your life - Learn regulation - Don't just blow all your money on pot and munchies - Self control people.

Aside from all the drugs i have taken - I'm lucky i still have my mind, I mean my sanity. But hey it's okay i've lost it many times before.

8. Eventually, you get less high. Biggest negative I can think of.

9. #69 Jonnyman, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
    I don't know why people say lowered sex drive >.< i get really horny. I guess its because I smoke alot of indica so i get really relaxed and loose getting head during that period feels even better :p
    but on the other hand i do get quite a bit of short term memory loss. >.<
    lack of drive to do things I still get them done just takes longer to convince myself to do things.
    lately ive had a bad cough but i guess thats due to me and my buddy smoking morning to night for the last 4 months. :smoke: (and i mean bad, last bad cough attack resin was in my mucus :eek: )
    It actually helps my allergies. :D
    uhhhh but yah so far only bad things have been
    -increased appetite (though food tastes amazing when you smoke so i don't care about that and i work out a lot )
    -Sleepy faster (due to being really relaxed because i smoke a lot of indica)
    -Short term memory loss ( i notice it stops after about 5 days no smoking for me)
    -Loss of drive to do things (I get them done just takes longer)
    -loss of money (thats if your not growing :p )
    Thats all i can think of seriously not much bad has come from smoking weed for me i started when i was 11 :eek: as a "once in awhile" smoker. At 16 i became a full fledge every week smoker and now im 18 i smoke every day morning to night. I'm in college did 4 years of football and wrestling started martial arts when i was 8 and i really have not seen anything bad about smoking weed... to me it just makes a person more relaxed :D

10. #70 J-dubb, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    I've never really experienced any seriously negative side affects.

I spend a lot of money on weed and I've probably skipped a couple classes to have a smoke fest in the afternoon sun with my buddies but; I've also spent thousands of dollars on surf and skate equipment and I've skipped more classes to go surf or skate rather than to go smoke weed.

I'm probably more afraid of the police now but who the hell isn't? I fuckin hate getting pulled over cuz (where I'm from) they gotta find some fuckin way to give you a 200 dollar ticket.

Oh and then there's all the assholes out there that criticize me for smoking weed while they're downing double shots of caffine every 4 hours and drinking themselves to death every weekend.

It really just varies from person to person; their discipline, overall health, life situations. Most side affects, such as lack of motivation, are due more to a ones personality rather than the weed itself.

11. The only real negative side effect I have experienced is I get heartburn/hiccups at random times.

12. From munchies maybe? I have a friend who has serious heartburn problems so he'll always say something like "Well, Pepto Bismal, I'll see you in the morning" before he digs into his pizza or the container of pub-mix.

13. same shit i did. school aint goin nowhere

14. Weed doesn't have any negative side effects for me that I haven't overcome.

15. For me there isn't any. I smoke bowl every single night as a rule, and I've never been better. I wouldn't give up getting stoned for anything, except family.

16. ^^^^^^^ all that for me too^^^^^^^ just add weight gain, because im always eating, and i don't do anything to burn off the food.

17. Paranoia.
    Cottonmouth.
    Drowsiness when coming down.
    My head is still "fuzzy" the day after.

18. It has enhanced my Schizophrenia:rolleyes:.

19. #79 Johnny Retro, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    I used to get really bad paranoia, but that's all cleared up now. I mainly get memory loss and I eat so much it feels like my stomach is going to explode. I pretty much ALWAYS get cotton mouth and I occasionally have a pretty bad comedown where I feel slightly unordinary and drowsy.

20. Weed makes you do what you want to do, if you don't like school why would you like school high? Personally I love going to school high. I find it extremely entertaining to do complex calculus and physics problems baked out of my mind.