Negative Pressure in a grow tent ?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Eddyshore, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I have a small grow tent in my closet . The tent is 36x20x63 the closet is much bigger. The door on the closet is louvered ( has slots in it allowing outside air in .) I want to run the tent on negative pressure and was wondering if two computer fans blowing out would be enough force to create the proper pressure ?Any other exhaust ideas would be great . The tent has 2 vents at the bottom and one on each side and 2 in the back upper corner. I am growing with CFL lighting so heat isnt the issue, just want fresh air and during flowering odor control . Thanks in Advance
    E

2. hmmm.....man idk about that. I wouldnt go with a tent if I were you. If you have woodworking skills or can even find an old dresser or something box shaped big enough to fit in your closet that wont reduce space too much i'd go with that. gut it if you need to and then make a panel for the front and stick some fans on the top and side. Mylar the shit out of the inside and put a power strip inside (what I did for my grow was I put a ruler sized block of wood and screwed it near the top, then put power strip in, made note of its dimensions, then put a second block above it (making a shelf kind of) and then duct taped the ends of the strip.

Then go grab some screw in outlet plugs (for the cfls) and your good!

I had to install two power strips, one for lights and one for fans and the timer. You'll figure it out man, when theres a will theres a way. (trust me...my grow was hell but it worrrrrrkkkkedddd :D :D :D)

3. #4 cmack2525, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
    he Just said he already has a tent.............now he should build a box..............I would just install 3 exhaust fans in various positions near the top of the tent ( if heat was a problem) and just one intake fan to creat the negative pressure........can't hurt trying.