Negative ion generator or uv light air filter for plant growth

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Stick_Figure_420, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Hi all.

I searched 9 pages of previous posts about this topic but most were talking about odor control. I read some research online that negative ions can help with plant growth. Any thoughts or experience with this? How about an air purifier machine that has a uv light in it? I guess the air purifier would make more ozone than negative ions. Asking purely for scientific purposes ;-)

2. All i know is that ozone is bad for you to breath. I doubt negative ions would have any significant effect on weed growth. You can use ozone generators to kill bugs, and mold which is pretty cool.

3. Can you share the research you found on the benefits is negative ions and plant growth?

4. Sure I will. I guess it is easier if I can I just post links here. I will try to do so asap

5. Nice. Thanks for posting that. I do remember reading something about plants being near HIGH power transmission lines showing increased growth. Wouldn't be too difficult to test. They sell ozone generators to help combat smell, so you could use one in a grow room pretty easily. I would probably vent the room with non-ionized air prior to entering and working in it.

6. Your welcome. Thanks for the tip. I was hoping someone who had some experience with using these for odor control could say if they thought it increased growth. Besides the stupid Michael Jackson video, I guess that is that dudes way of saying that they don't.

7. I know of people who used small ozone generators to help with smell but I imagine the concentration levels were too lower. A quick search on Amazon and I saw some much larger ozone generators that would probably get you high enough levels to test