Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Negative Aspects of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 805toda520, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Two words: cotton mouth. Hahah naw even thats not really that bad, if youve get some munchies on hand that you're all set. But yah other than that, gotta love that mary jane :bongin:

2. There are some negitive aspects but all the postive aspects balance it out.

3. Hmm...negatives...i guess having too much fun in life :hello:

4. negatives: costs you money; the fact that it is illegal; also a lot of people look down on smoking marijuana

positives: everything is hilarious

5. I feel ya there. my method of choice is my bongs. Ill burn one down and Ill blaze bowls and blunts, but theres nothing that treats me as well as my bongs do:smoking: the big downfall is just over the past year Ive felt my lung capacity decrease rapidly.:confused::smoking: my worst fear is that I wont be able to smoke in the future due to like emphyzema or some shit:mad:

6. biggs1028 thats what i think but this thread is helping me get the facts straight

7. paranoia is a huge negative effect for me.

8. Actually, I smoked weed before I studied for my math final. Which happened to be the day before the final, and it was the only day I studied. Results? I got a higher mark on my exam then I had all year.

Marijuana effects people differently; fact.

9. Aye bro, you said it, preach on my man.

10. positives: FUN! Brings people together, helps the sickly, Creates a doorway to using your brain more.

Negatives: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (scratches head) hmmmmmmm i seem to have forgotten

11. Cannabis is so positive, the few negatives it has can just be put aside. As for people who say a negative is it being illegal, while that is unfortunate, it is something we have to fight for to reverse. Sure, it affects memory, learning, and to a small extent, judgement, during the time you are high, but as long as you keep your mind active, you won't ever get long term, negative effects when you're not high.

12. pinball wizard these are inherent consequences of marijuana use

13. true true. Ive seen some people use ganja to do nothing but block out the rest of the world because they have no people skills or because they were trying to smoke to some how magicly fix all of there problems.

Is marijuana a drug? of course not! However there will always be those who will make it a drug by their lack of control and dependant behavior. The thing that so many critics dont look at is the fact that one can turn any activity into drug like behavior. there are those addicted to sex, video games, food, and so on.

14. #74 kush<>~, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008

Word: Drug
    Function:noun
    Date:14th century

1 aobsolete : a substance used in dyeing or chemical operations b: a substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medicationcaccording to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1): a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2): a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3): a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (4): a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device2: a commodity that is not salable or for which there is no demand —used in the phrase drug on the market3: something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness

Just a heads up.

15. i guess one negative aspect is that it's illegal

16. For me, the negatives are cost, cottonmouth and throat burn/coughing (if smoking a bowl or a roach). Those are the only things I can think of. If you're careful, law enforcement isn't a big concern so I wouldn't put that as a negative for me, unless of course my dealer got busted and I was hard up for bud as a result. I only smoke once a day, but those who smoke all the time may find their lungs getting filled with tar, lowered immune response and the increased potential for contracting bronchitis, emphysema, etc as negatives.

17. the only negative aspect is I forgot what the hell I was gonna post. What are we talking about again??? :sarcastic

18. Positive:
    Increased happiness
    calmness with yourself
    calmness with others
    Possible medical treatments
    easier sleep
    good times

Neutral:
    Munchies

Negative:
    possible forgetfulness while high
    Teenagers that smoke weed to make themselves look cool
    Getting Caught
    Some health problems
    Dealers
    Money

19. Its too expensive, Canada, whats your secret?