Neem oil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by kahgknow, Oct 27, 2019.

1. How many gallons of solution will 1 gallon of neem oil (neem resource) make and at what rate of neem oil per gallon?

2. I typically mix 1T neem oil per gallon for foliar applications. There’s approximately 256 Tablespoons in a gallon. So 1 gallon of neem oil will get you 256 gallons of solution. Thats a ton of applications. Neem foliars should typically be done once a week, in standard IPM regimen. So thats like 5 years,maybe more, of neem oil if you’re using a gallon a week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. A gallon... that's a lot.
    I have Southern AG Triple Action Neem oil in front of me;
    two tablespoons make one gallon of spray.
    That would mean that a gallon of oil
    will make 128 gallons of spray.

4. I need a lot I'm not just using on a small scale right now. My other question is, is there any way to PROPERLY mix neem oil without using warm water? I'm going to use the silica for emulsifying but do I still need to add to warm water?

5. You wanna use somthing rich in saponins to help it emulsify. Lotta people seem to be using soap nuts from my understanding its the highest saponin level. Organic liquid soap works, i use aloe. But apparently soap nuts are the strongest best bang for your buck especially thinking large scale. Think they have soap nut powder you can find it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Ha, I must have been using wayy too much neem oil..
    I think my bottle says 1-2 OZ per gallon (purple cap rectangle bottle), and I've been using a little squirt of dawn dish soap in it too, to emulsify the neem oil, and because dishsoap is also an effective spray..
    Spray that on the plants..

Outside all around the plants, I make the same thing but also in a tobacco tea..
    Dump an ashtray or 2 of cigarette butts into a coffee can of hot water, mash it all up, let it sit for a couple hours and shake it every now and then, strain it through a bath towel, put it into the sprayer, add the neem and dawn dish soap, maybe add some daves insanity sauce too..

THAT actually puts a hurtin on grasshoppers.. Chase around herds of grasshoppers spraying that stuff.. But not on my plants..

7. So how do I use the soap nuts? And what benefits do they bring to the table? If I use these I won't need to put it in warm water prior to spraying, is that correct? Thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I want to throw in a comment about the warm water that may connect the dots. Neem gels below 70’F. It will form tiny droplets and pull out of suspension in your mix if it’s cold. 80’F is about the lowest temp you can keep everything well mixed.
    HTH
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Haven’t used it yet not sure what the ratios are but you just mix it in with the neem oil and water. It comes in powder form. @Prepper420 has all his application rates on his thread hes definitely more knowledgeable than I on foliars.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I like to transition rates during the growth period i would do something like this.
    (per gallon of water)
    3 Tsp early veg
    2 Tsp late veg
    1 Tsp early flower
    1/4 tsp late flower
    are some good guidelines you can use :) I also do this with other organic implementations we use.
    Less = More