Neem Oil, Protek, Azamax, Cold pressed Seaweed mix

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by uscalus storm, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Not really sure where to post this but there seems to be a lack of answers in my grow journal.

I had mites a while back and to prevent them I have made a mix of the ingredients in the title mixed with rain water. I also bleached my grow area.

It's been in my spray bottle for a good 2 weeks now the mix smells like rotten eggs. The water has turned a greenish muck (from the neem) and I assume this is normal. Do you think it's safe to use? I mean it smells like a mix of azamax and neem...naturally, but just rotten eggs...Lol :eek:

2. Gone bad, to kill spider mites you may need something stronger than Neem, as it's a slow killer, much damage to your plants before the mites feel the effect, although Neem is good, I'd not spoil the mites by diluting it

...bleached your grow area....?

"V"

3. 10% bleach with water mixed and sprayed it down after my last grow. It was suggested in a few locations that I've read.

But what caused the smell? Or which components broke down?

The mites are all gone I just wanted to make sure by using a bit of azamax mixed with some stuff that the clones should have found useful. I find many people using Neem for their plants weekly. This was just a 3 increment day of a few sprays to ensure mite issues.

4. Neem oil is a great defense, I use it 2-3 times per month, the sulfur smell? perhaps sulfur dioxide, from the breakdown of the cocktail...?

peace
    "V"

5. Right on. Regardless I tossed it out..and maaaan did it stink. Not really sure where the sulfur was being created from but whatever. I gatta find a use for this $30 bottle of cold pressed seaweed i bought

6. I use 2 hand spray bottles one for neem the other for sea weed that I foilar spray vegging plants, I don't recommend mixing both together as you have discovered, in one bottle I'm foilar feeding the plant thru it's stomata, the other Neem, can only block the stomata with it's oils.....but what the hell! it works and works well!

peace
    "V"