Neem and dish soap

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Greengrower8, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I’m planning on spraying some neem oil on my plants to help combat the PM. The bottle says I need to add mild dish soap to help emulsify the neem. What kind of dish soap is recommended to do this?

I have been spraying them with Cease, but it just isn’t working well enough. Azamax seems to be more effective on this PM. But these plants are starting to flower. They went to 12/12 about 2 weeks ago. I’m contemplating spraying them with a weak concentration of Azamax, which is basically just concentrated neem. But I think using the neem oil would be less harsh as long as it’s still effective.

2. Green Cure is a great product for combatting PM. Can use cheap like seventh generation plant based soap, non. Scented, and similar non chemical soaps. Dr bronners hemp baby soaps good too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks guys! Can either of these products be sprayed on flowering plants or just for plants in veg? I have been looking for some other preventative treatment for my vegging plants.

4. when I made my own insecticide and fungicide I use Castles mint liquid soap
    you can mix in hydrogen peroxide denatured alcohol .
    Fungi only exists in certain ph ranges , old trick was to sulfur burn the leafs ..
    Lowering the ph level blow 4.0 ..
    Potassium bicarbonate is Caustic its ph level is over 8.4 again killing Fungi on contact and extremely cheap ..

5. You can spray the Humboldt Secrets up to the day you harvest .

• Like Like x 1
  6. lactobacillus. culture your own lactobacillus using the Korean natural farming method, with rice wash water and milk. this is organic and they eat the powdery mildew and can be spray on flower

7. Sweet milk ,,, its acidic ,. not saying it doesn't work ,, saying that's why it works .
    So how many parts milk and how many parts rice water ?

8. As an outside grower I've used Green Cure for about 20 grows and it works very well. Weekly treatments from start to finish is the best approach.

Green Cure = Potassium Bicarbonate
    Baking soda = Sodium Bicarbonate.

You can find potassium bicarbonate used interchangeably with baking soda in many cookbooks and recipes.
    It's also used extensively on grape crops used in wine production for Powdery Mildew control.

In a pinch you can use baking soda on cannabis to control PM @ 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Drench spray all surfaces.
    [​IMG]
    Most hydro shops will stock it.
    upload_2020-2-25_12-39-28.jpeg
    Any market.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. i write lactobacillus, and is lactic acid bacteria sorry for that. one part of rice wash water with ten parts of milk. you can use the final product 1 to 500 with water weekly, to prevent. I see some picture from a person using this on pm with great result in 24hrs he use 1 to 32 water I can post the thread here because is a closed group from fb

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Can you mix the neem, dish soap, and baking soda all in one spray?

I've been doing a splash of neem oil and a squirt of dawn dish soap in my gallon sprayer,which works, but they seem to come back after some time so at the first sight of them I spray like crazy again..

Also, what to use during flower if they come back when it's too late to spray neem?

11. Reduce water a lot right down to minimum

add a tsp of neem and half a tsp of dish soap
    add warm water shake well
    spray 2x day
    improve venting lots

it works for me

good luck

12. Can Green Cure be sprayed throughout flower?

13. Potassium Bicarbonate is used in every grocery store across the nation in their veg department in the spray systems to kill fungi .. Its that cheap and works that well ..
    Also I use it in My Hydroponic systems to raise the PH .

14. I realize it is common practice to use Potassium Bicarbonate to treat foods, crops, etc. I was just concerned about spraying something so “basic” on my flowers. It seems like it’s not a problem. Thanks all!

15. Thanks for posts.These posts helped me a lot.