Neeeed help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JustinWalker, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Can I grow white widow using fluorescent lights ? And any other info about growing white widow . I'm growing indoors in my closet in a 2x3 ft box

2. #2 baumeister, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    you dont need strain-specific info for growing, all cannabis grows pretty similar. only for more sativa-ish plants you need to make some adjustment to the regular growing techniques and white widow is a rather indica hybrid, it should grow like the average weed.

yes, you can grow weed with fluorescent light, but you need a lot of it. 100w (actual watts, NOT the stupid incandescent equivalent) for one plant and 50 more per additional plant is about the lower limit from what Ive read, its better to buy few strong lamps than many weak ones, even if the weak ones are more easily available.

go check out all the stickied threads in all the growing sections of this forum and watch some guides on youtube, I recommend jorge cervantes' vids. come back in a month if you still have questions after that.

3. When I was knee high to a seedling I vegged 2 bag seeds under 2 plain 70w 4ft fluoro tubes. They got very bushy and were very healthy. Unfortunately as they were bag seeds they both were males. But like I said it was an experiment. So to answer your question, yes it is possible to grow healthy plants with fluoro lighting. But the caveat is the more light the better If your space is 2'wx3' tall I would suggest getting as many t5 2' tubes and fixtures as you can fit vertically around the sides of the box. and a couple of cfl's for the canopy. Be careful with heat, they don't put off that much but in a small enclosed space likie that ventilation is going to be an iisue. Good luck.

4. I have a digital moisture meter and it ranges from 0 - 10 , 0 being totally dry , what number # on the meter should my soil moisture level be at ? And what should my ph be ?

5. do as ur told and do some research :p

6. Research is what is needed to get there =) plenty of good stickies in this board. Also if you want some deals on lights. I got a 150watt CFL for $8.44, at wal mart. Shopping around I found 200watt bulbs for $10 a pop at Menards. Great place to get some light for the plant.

I am using Floro in my grow, I have 4 T5 24" fixtures, 4 T12 fixtures, and using 2 150 watt CFL as side and undergrowth light to surround mine in light. Fairly cheap to get decent CFLs and get bunch of em.

7. Ganja is happiest at like a two on that meter. You should be letting the soil dry out almost completely before watering again
    And don't go by the two inches on top are dry rule because three inches infer that could be soaked. Pick the bucket up when you water it and pick it up when it's dry and water according to how light the bucket is
    White widow will definitely grow under floros and ww is an awesome strain

8. My moisture meter is reading 3.5-4.5 , AC is between 73-78 , humidity is 50% and I have my fans circulating air , my exhaulst is pulling out hot air. Am I missing anything ? When should I feed them with my medium mixture and how much and how many times a day or week should I feed them ?