Needing Help/Suggestions on my first Grow!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JenWearsPrada, May 31, 2012.

1. HEY EVERYONE! I've been tokin for years and this is my first attempt at growing my own! Any help/Suggestions would be phenomenal. I'm growing in a variety of different ways and its ALL outdoors! I have already done the first step which was the germination and i have transferred all my babies to solo cups. I cut slits in the bottoms and also lined the bottom with rocks. Im not sure if that we necessary? Tips on that?

What i need to know.

Do i keep the cups covered? and if so with what? I read something about cling wrap... but that would make them overheat correct? I have so many growing right now they are hard to keep up with but I hope it works well.

Sun at this stage? How much sun do they need when they are babies? is it still like 8 hours a day or should they get less? Its running from 70 to 85 degrees outside here right now.

When it gets hot what do i do? I dont want them to overheat but I know they can grow in pretty much any climate? tips? I do live in south carolina which is Hell...

Watering. How much is to much?

Thanks so much :D

2. Now that they've sprouted, wait until the media dries to add more water. Don't worry about covering them. :)

Preventing stretch starts early so give them real sunlight, as that's all you have and they're going outside soon anyways. At the peak of hotness in your day, you can put them in a windowsill inside, but they need to be tempered to some real sunlight fast.

Another thing to consider, even though were you live is very hot, I would guess it's very humid to. Low VPD means a relatively low water intake on the plants' part. Once you transplant into the ground, the need to water should be minimal.

On the other hand, it sounds like a good way to pick up some vicious crop-eating mold. SE shenanigans.

3. I plan on keeping them im pots so i can move them if need be. and they are outside already just in the cups and i have them all laid out in a wagon and covered with white plastic but its got very good ventalation. Thats because its raining and i dont want them to get over watered. Is this good or no? and thanks for helping :)

4. I cant take a picture and show you everything so far if you like? would that help?

5. Pics are always good and should encourage more people to chime in.