Need ur HELP TODAY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by twrbackman, Feb 18, 2008.

1. So yesterday i got the bright idea that if i boil my water and then put it through my brita filter that it could possibly be better for my plants. I boiled to water in a clean pot (or so i thought it was) and filtered it. I let it cool for a while in the frige just to get water around room temp. I then sprayed my plants with it (13 plants!!!!) just enough to get the soil wet. Then about 2-3hrs later i went and looked at plants and they looked HORRIBLE they drooped and had white around the edges of leafs, turning yellow brown. These plants are only about 3 days old!!! I need help ASAP.

I already flushed to soil with straight tap water and just put them back underneith the lights.

I would post pics but my camara is a POS

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

2. PH is at around 7 to 7.1 just to let u know. And soil when planted was 7ph so idk WTF IS going on!

3. When you say they had white around the edges, do you mean the leaf material at the edges turned white or that there is some sort of white residue/powder on the leaves? I'm guessing the latter, in which case I suspect there was something in that pot that got sprayed onto the leaves along with the water. If so, re-spray the leaves thoroughly with pure distilled water.

Other possibility: the water had not cooled enough when you sprayed it?

4. Your water may be hard which if thats the case then boiling it will release calcium, which appears as a white residue. You might need a softener.

5. If its a white powdery residue, I'm 100% sure SSH is right.

6. Yeah, I didn't think of hard water but could be the culprit.