Need to raise my PH? help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tohighthree, Jul 30, 2009.

1. hi there, just tested my soils ph and its coming off at 6, 6.2. 6, 5.8, and the lowest pot is 5.6. wayy to low. i have been watering with rainwater and i understand that is quite acidic generally so it may have lowered my ph.

what can i do to raise my ph quite quickly?, i wanna hit around 6.8 thats the best mark where all nutrients are avaiablely absorbed into the plant.

i know lime raises ph but it takes years apparently and i dont know what else does it.

any help?

thanks

2. When you feed you can adjust your feeding solution to a higher ph the raise the ph in your soil. This should raise the ph at least for a little while. However what is happening is probably buildup from other nutes you have already fed. When your soil dries the nute accumulate and concentrate, until water comes around to dilute them again.

I don't work with soil so somebody else may come along with a better answer, but i would say adjust your water's ph slightly higher than normal, or reduce your feeding to help stop bringing the ph down

How are you reading your soils ph?

And just an additional note. There is not any one set ph that allows your plants to absorb all nutrients. Different nutes are picked up by the plant at different ph ranges, so its not so bad to let your ph flucuate some instead of trying to keep it dead locked at 6.8. 6.8 is more like a benchmark to start with.

3. I am having the same problem. I tried flushing with ph7.5 water at least 6 times the pot volume and I'm still getting super acidic readings....

4. Wow, my soil ph is always too high not to low, but flush the soil with water that is ph a little high like around 7.2 or so then just flush and then test the soil again. Repeat until you get the soil where you want it. Baking soda will raise the ph but be careful because you dont want to kill the plants.

5. only add a little at a time its very salty so be carefull

6. I don't think the run off pH makes too much of a difference.

If your soil has a lot of mulch pieces in it, its going to be acidic, you should put a little lime in your soil to balance it out next time.

pH the water you water with. If you need to raise the pH. Hit the Hydroshop and grab some MadFarmer GetUP. A few dollars cheaper then the GH stuff and no dyes.

7. oh but it does.

8. How do your plants look? Root rot will drop your ph too.....:rolleyes: