Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need to pass military drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by burtontoker, Oct 2, 2011.

1. #1 burtontoker, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    I am enlisting in the US Army. Will I be drug tested during the physical examination (second day at MEPS), or will I be tested once I arrive at boot camp? Thanks

I have about two or three weeks before I take the physical part of military qualification. This week I am taking my asvab, and the week or two after that I'll be at the MEPS station again doing the physical shit and taking a drug test. My question is, do they test urine only, is it a hair test, is it a blood test, or is it a combination?

I will be exercising every day up until the day or two of the test, drinking plenty of water and taking niacin, eating healthy, etc. My question is, are there detox pills that I can take a few hours before that will ensure I pass? I saw these "Absolute Quick Flush Capsules" and they claim to make my system show negative for THC (Detox Pills Pass Any Drug Test.) hours after taking the pills, has anyone bought these and is it a good idea?

The last time I smoked was last monday. I rationed a half eighth and made it last me the weekend and had one bowl left on monday, so I only smoked about 1.7 grams over a few days, and I had not smoked prior to that (I had been clean up until that point).

So, are there any pills that will show me negative for THC? Are there any pills that will clean my system to show me negative in a blood test? What drug tests does the MEPS do? What are some other things I can do to ensure I'm clean? Thanks.

EDIT: I just read this on usmilitary.about.com,
    Does anyone know what drug tests the Army does? I will be joining the Army and need to know if they do urine, blood, hair tests, or a combination.

2. #2 Kush Xx216, Oct 2, 2011
    Im pretty sure its a urine test. You should be fine if you don't smoke at all and keep working out and drinking plenty of fluids with antioxidents. Fuck the detox pills. Also may i ask what branch your joining? Once i finish school im joining either the army or marine corps

3. Most people here probably don't know what a MEPS station or an asvab is.

4. dont smoke,eat or even get any passive smoke of marijuana into ur system until the test and drink lots of water everyday and when you go for the urine test dilute it with a bit of water should be all good then :)

5. [quote name='"capitate"']Most people here probably don't know what a MEPS station or an asvab is.[/quote]

If they don't then they have no reason to post in this thread

6. #8 Errly Bird, Oct 2, 2011
    When i was going into the USMC, I was blood tested. The last time I checked with a recruiter, which was about 7 or 8 months ago, they currently do a urine and blood analysis... I don't know if thats just the MEPS station here in Raleigh or if thats nationwide.

You'd be best asking a recruiter. Typically try to talk to one thats either NOT yours or, if yours is cool like mine was, talk to him directly and he'll tell you how or how not to go about doing it all. He might even tell you to just wait it out and postpone the qualifications exams.

As for the ARMY, I'm not sure... I only know USMC :smoke: I've been out since 2006 though, so...yeah.

As for the detox pills: They've always done more harm than good from what i've seen. Every time either I or one of my pals have taken them we've ended up sicker than hell, even if we drink enough water to drown a fish. STAY AWAY! haha.

Good luck bro, and hopefully everything works out for you.

7. Will I be drug tested during the physical examination (second day at MEPS), or will I be tested once I arrive at boot camp? Thanks.

8. Both, your gonna get drug tested alot in the military, everytime you go to MEPS your more than likely gonna get drug tested but its only urine testing though

9. That sounds about right. I didnt get the blood tests done til we were on the Island. So, as long as you clean your system you should be straight.

10. i joined about a year ago, ive had one initial drug test, and during basic training the first day of reception they drew blood, and they drug test usually after every weekend or holiday, its usually urine test

11. Military drug tests are no joke...Shit'll fuck your life up in a fuckin' hot minute if you pop positive. Either way, what's done is done and now you have a 50/50 shot at passing...Shit could be out of your system in as little as a week or as much as a month.

Now we just have to figure out how fast you metabolize fat, also the percentage of fat being burning off...Then we have to figure your body weight into the equation, age factors, and possible herditary issues. I fuckin' love science.:cool:

12. They will urine test you, but dont take detox drugs-- those will be detected im pretty sure.

13. In the British army it's a urine test, so it's probably the same. And i think they ask you to volunteer to give them some blood but i think that's so they have your DNA but i don't know if they test it.

14. You will be tested at MEPS during your physical, urine. As well at bootcamp . They only take blood to check for STDs and what not.

15. They blood test you, you have a complete physical examination. All of that shit goes on file before you get into boot camp, depending on the branch it may happen when you arrive at boot camp.

16. Dude it's not worth it quit now. And dont touch it till your out. Dishonorable discharge isn't easy to overlook.

17. If you havent actually gone to MEPS yet if you pop hot they will just turn you down and you can reapply like 6mos later, at least thats what it was when I went through it.

Most of the time recruiters dont care if you smoked or not. Kinda hint around the subject and see how they react and if they seem cool just explain to them your situation. Most recruiters are more interested in meeting their quota.

Its better to hold off a month if you think your gonna pop...thats my advice. The recruiter cant 'make' you go to MEPS earlier.

18. I went to meps a year ago they urine test you there. Worst part though was the whole day was a borefest and a doctor plays with your balls while your naked