Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need to make a decision

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadowfall4995, Sep 29, 2011.

1. I'll start by saying I smoke a good amount in my opinion. I smoke about 7-8 times a day. I love weed and I feel that it has done so much good in my life. It's replaced my zoloft which used to be prescribed for depression. It surprisingly helps my ADD more than I feel that focalin does. It is a much better sleep aid than ambien. If it weren't for weed I wouldn't know half the people I do today. The problem is that I feel that marijuana has done a lot of good for me and my life but also done so much bad. I've been arrested several times for weed, as a minor and adult. I have spent thousands on lawyers and court fees. I am made to feel like a criminal just for using this medicine that I think helps me so much. My doctor tells me it would be better to take all these prescription drugs than to just smoke. I am at a point in my life where I feel that it would be good to stop smoking and conform to society except I can't imagine myself ever stopping. What do you think I should do.

Obviously the responses I get here are going to be biased except everywhere else I go for advice are biased sources also.

2. i myself have struggled with the same sort of dilemma. i have add and take adderall, but bud helps sooo much more. i dont feel all jitery with bud as i do with adderall. Bud has helped me get through a rough patch in my life as well, where i was struggling with stress and depression. i have cut back greatly on my usage, and the effects have all been negative. my grades in school have dropped, and i dont have as much of a want to do good in school. i wouldnt want to be put on prescription drugs, they can actually mess you up, just be careful about how you go about using your cannabis.

3. [quote name='"skittle"']i myself have struggled with the same sort of dilemma. i have add and take adderall, but bud helps sooo much more. i dont feel all jitery with bud as i do with adderall. Bud has helped me get through a rough patch in my life as well, where i was struggling with stress and depression. i have cut back greatly on my usage, and the effects have all been negative. my grades in school have dropped, and i dont have as much of a want to do good in school. i wouldnt want to be put on prescription drugs, they can actually mess you up, just be careful about how you go about using your cannabis.[/quote]

This is all true for me also when I stop smoking for a little bit I'm very irritable, I feel more tired and less motivated. I'm starting to think the problem might be that I smoke to much and I need to find the right amount but I will tell myself that one second then 10 minutes later I'm taking a gram to the face. And also, as soon as I wake up all I'm thinking is "I need to smoke". I'll smoke then as soon as I feel the high going away I feel the need to smoke again. If I'm at class or work thinking about smoking is all I think about. I want to change these things but I don't know how I can slow down without feeling weird and I can't even imagine quitting for good.

4. I guess its how you go about it.

Im on a T-Break but i dont think im going to blaze up anytime soon. The bud has helped me through depression,pain,and sleep aid. I havent had any law enforcement problem but its affected me financially.

I had about two-three chances to get awesome jobs that would pay over $20/hours and full benefits. All because they test right away and they do bloodtest for some reason :/.

I have a decent job now but i would be back in school already if it wasnt for all that.

Idk i think the only way for sure that you can smoke and feel 100% ok with it and safe is when your completely settled and have meet all your goals.

To each their own though.

5. you should move to arizona. i havent not seen the sun in like uhhh months?

6. #6 im412high, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    I feel you man indefinitely man.

I, and like a lot of the world suffer from GERD/Acid Reflux. Over the years, as a kid, it wasn't too bad. As I made my way into adult hood, every morning I wake up with intense nausea and end up vomiting out the insane amount of stomach acid.

I've been hospitalized for weeks at times running tests, because its gotten to the point where there are days I am throwing up for well over 19 hours.

I've tried every pill, because MMJ isn't legal in my state. Everything from Zofran (a chemo medication for nausea), to OTC acid reducers such as prilosec.

They begin to work, but since I've been dealing with this for well over 16 years now. There isn't a pill out there for this disease my body hasn't gotten used to taking.

So I use weed to stop the nausea and vomiting every morning and to restore my appetite, and it works. Problem is, out here, marijuana is the closest thing to satan. Its highly highly highly illegal, and PA hates marijuana.

Its gotten me, a DUI, 2 possesion/paraphenelia charges. Yes you can get a DUI for driving under the influence of marijuana here. No, they do not even have to pull you over for driving bad. I got pulled over for a burnt out headlight, seen my eyes were red, smelt a little bit of weed on my clothes. Asked me to goto the hospital and take a drug test, and around here...If you refuse to take the drug test you submit your license for a year automatically.

Truthfully man, most of my friends anymore, aren't even stoners. Because I've found out here, thats how I end up getting in trouble. Not saying do that, but I didn't want to quit because it helps my quality of life immensely. I function in society normally, just most of my friends aren't stoners. Which is why I can't ever find great bud, but its better for me to use it medicinely and privately, then to be out getting in trouble.

But I don't live in a state that has MMJ laws, and honestly, there is really no hope for PA. I've met with our DA on multiple occasions in Pittsburgh due to my DUI charge. When you get a DUI here, they make you take evaluations at the DA's office to see if youre addicted to drugs/alcohol.

Everytime we have spoke, he has no intentions of letting MMJ ever pass here.

7. Move to a MMJ state :smoking:

8. [quote name='"CSterbz"']Move to a MMJ state :smoking:[/quote]

I live in a mmj state (nj) except the problem is it's recently passed and at the moment the rules for getting the card are very strict. Like I would needto have glaucoma, cancer, or a terminal illness I guess. So right now I can't get a card

9. If you feel marijuana helps you so much, why stop? Who cares that society has labelled you as a criminal for using something that grows naturally, when the government packages and sells poison to the masses. If you're still not wanting to continue toking, my best advice would be use it only to replace your meds, not for recreation, until you're able to receive a MM card.

10. [quote name='"shadowfall4995"']

I live in a mmj state (nj) except the problem is it's recently passed and at the moment the rules for getting the card are very strict. Like I would needto have glaucoma, cancer, or a terminal illness I guess. So right now I can't get a card[/quote]
    Take nuts and stick in microwave. Solved problem.