Need to lose muscle mass

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by RustyCakePan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hey all, I honestly hate my calves. (relaxed, widest point 15"/38cm)
    I know its not all fat since I can see the individual groups of muscles easily when I flex it lol.
    Its like ostrich leg and I cannot wear many boots I like because of it. Hell I emailed a store once to ask whats the widest part of one of their boots. They happily told me the measurement(which is too small for me...) and added that I can easily tighten it even more -_-""""""
    I'm also really short(5ft/153cm) so thick limbs is really not an attractive thing.
    Dwarf much?

My friend suggested that it might be because I love heavy boots and had been wearing them most my life thus the thunderous calves.

I tried googling but everyone seems to see losing muscle mass as a bad thing =|
    Any good cues on how I should go about this? :(
    I heard to stop exercising the legs too much but I walk for about 1hr+ daily(commune by walking so can't get away from this) and jog 2 times a week to keep my weight in check... Should I switch to a different exercise or something?

Thanks xD

2. I don't know how you would spot-reduce your calves, but maybe stop wearing heavy boots? Try finding similar styles, but made with lighter materials possibly. Running is good though, keep that up.

3. random note we got same number of posts.
    Yeah been wearing slippers more lately now that its getting warmer. Hope that and stretching more will help >_<

Most badass boots are really heavy though hahaha. Unless I get those with plastic soles =\

4. It's kinda hard to lose muscle. Especially you calves, since you use them to walk :p. Work out your WHOLE body to keep it symmetrical.

5. haha weird... now you need to post again. ;)

6. My upper body is actually significantly smaller than my lower body and I was hoping I can get my legs to match hahaha. I really don't want to build up too much mass though.

Would it be better if I go on a low cal diet and try to lose both fat AND muscle mass as a whole first? I'm quite happy with my upper body size now but if that is what needs to be done I could try it :(

fixed brah lol

7. too muscular calfs, lol doubt it. post pics of your cankles.

8. first 3 poster all have 584 posts

mind blown

9. Maybe after I shave but lazy at the moment lol

inorite. Oh wait. I just ruined it :(

10. get a bike, they'll work your quads. maybe you can get some light shoes, and some gel pads so your calves don't work to absorb shock and push off.

11. try to slim down as much as you can on the fat on your body. even if you can see your muscle you might be surprised how much fats around it.

12. hmm the gel pad idea might work, I'll go get some tmr when the stores are open.
    I'll be going to the gym in 2hrs (after 4/20 midnight toke lol) I'll try the bike over the treadmill today :)

Mmm okay. I'll try to go on a diet for awhile first. I'll try see if I can get the fat % lower :eek: