Need to lose body fat look no further.!.!.!.!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Kato, Feb 4, 2009.

1. #1 Kato, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    After seeing all these threads, I decided it was time to stop posting in them all and open my own with correct facts and information.

==========BACKGROUND AND STORY===============
    First off, I will let you know why my information is correct.

The story starts off 36 some odd months ago. I had just blew out both of my knees from rugby. I had surgery to fix them, and I was unable to walk for a long time.
    My metabolism was not great, but I was in shape then, since I worked out a lot. Long story short I put on about 50 lbs ( probably more than 50 since I lost all my muscle) I sat there and ate and ate since I was depressed, and I could not move or burn any calories since I was stuck to my bed... blasted knees.. I knew what I was doing to my body, but I couldn't stop.
    It was time to change. My knees were better and I was fatter than ever.
    6foot1. 260 lbs. I'm guessing around 30% Bf. Don't quote me on this, as I'm not too sure what it was, but let me assure you this it was not pretty at all.

=======HOW I LOST ALL MY FAT===========
    So I start out at 260, and I'm ready to lose all my weight.
    1.) I became a member of a gym.
    2.) 40-60 minutes of cardio SEVEN times a week. I started out going around 40 minutes to begin with. Keep in mind I used the elliptical machine since I still have bad knees, and elliptical is easier on the kneees and joints. It was perfect for me!
    3.) Since your beginning I would suggest starting out with 40 minutes. try to keep the pace at 6mph, so you should finish around 4 miles in 40 minutes.. Not tired? Go faster, try for 4.5 miles in 40 minutes.? Want more

Some cardio Routines I did.

40min - 4 miles == easy
    40min - 5 miles == medium
    40min - 6 miles ==pretty damm fast
    ---------
    15 min - 2 miles then 25 min - 2.5 miles == easy
    20 min - 3 miles then 20 min - 2 miles == harder
    36 min - 6 miles then take it up to 50, going at a 6mph pace. == (watch out. recommended only with experience and practice.

As you can see you can pretty much mix it up with anything. Be creative find what you like, but you get the idea. It can be interesting.

There are some other things I did.
    1minute @ 6mph
    1min @ 9
    1min @ 12
    1min @ 6
    1min @9
    1min@ 12...

This is called interval training. It is good for many reasons, It keep your hr up and kicks the calories into gear, they get moving! You cheat your body, it thinks it is working harder than it actually is when you lower the pace, and then you kick it back up with the near sprinting fast intervals.

On the weekends I would go hit up some local trails. I'd put in 15 miles on a saturday mourning and take it a bit easier sunday. I loved running outside on trails. Nothing is better than running on the trails, up the hills, down the hills, around the trees, and in nature. ( I did this towards the end of my routine since it is not the easiest thing)

Remember you need to push yourself to lose weight. You didn't gain the weight in once month, (unless your me :( ) You wont lose it in a month, weight loss takes time and effort.

=== DIET ===
    During this whole time I kept it around 2500 calories every day. I would drop it down to 2000 some days. It all really depends on how hard you push yourself.

I was on a low fat diet, since fat is 9 calories per gram, and prot/carb is only 4, plus they are burned easier than fat.

I would eat 3-4 meals a day. With most of my calories coming in the mourning and lunch.

I ate healthy food. Never ever junk food.

No soda/milk any drink with calories.

===RESULTS===

I lost 60lbs in 3 months with this plan(not to mention 20%bf).... Was it easy? No. Was it worth it? F yeah man!

I look at myself now, and wonder how did I let my body go through a stage of being fat. I look at myself now and wonder how was it possible that I was fat, I feel and look great!

Now that you have lost the fat, you can work on toning up. Putting on lean muscle.

I was fat 3 years ago, and in a matter of 6 months I was looking back to normal.

I have 2 yrs or muscle training and moderate cardio since than and I feel and look better than I ever thought I possible could.

PS don't mind my terrible grammar and spelling, for I was in a hurry when I wrote this. Maybe I'll take time and edit it later.

2. Ever since then I've helped a few other people lose 25 - 50 pounds I really enjoy helping them.

Since then I have had a few new ideas on how to burn away that body fat faster.

I don't have anyone to help, and I sure don't want to put on 50 lbs to try it out.

If you want to lose fat fast and are very serious about it PM me; I think I have a better way :)

3. Man good to hear. :)

I'm losing weight at the moment. Have dropped 10-15 pounds since I started. I like what I see in the mirror more already! I can't wait to get back to being somewhat skinny.

Buying new (smaller) clothes is awesome, isn't it? Very rewarding IMO, heh.

Well glad to hear you did so well, that's hard to do in 6 months.

4. WOW thats awesome. Way to go dude! I only want to lose like 10-15 lbs, but I've gotten wayy out of shape since I had to stop running from pulling my Achilles :( So I'm just starting up doing more cardio, usually bike or elliptical, like 30 min-1 hr every day, then abs upper lower body and all that jazz, every other day.
    I dont really see a dif. yet, but then again its only been 2 wks and I have been rly busy, w/ school and all, so probably not sticking w/ it as well as i should. Ur story has provided a lot of encouragement tho! If you can lose all that in that short time, I know I can lose my weight and tone up for spring as is my goal :)

5. I used to be pretty obese and started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose much weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss supplement. I tried it out and it actually worked quite well. Within 4 months I managed to lose about 65 pounds. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now. You can read more about the lady's article at

http://www.obesityzapped.com

6. So whats the "better way" you speak of?

7. i feel like people know exactly how to lose fat they just arnt disciplined enough

8. thats so true, haha I was listening to NPR the other day and some dietician was on the radio saying that we are the only animals who need a professional to tell us how to eat! haha aint that the truth!