need to grow a small plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SDboy, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Hi im obviously a beginner at growing and i am currently only growing one plant for now im on a cheap budget and grow space is a factor, anyways im just looking to grow a relatively small plant maybe a foot if not a little bit taller right now my plant is 6" has 6 nodes starting 7, but it has grown very slowly it is 9 weeks old but never has it looked sickly or anything, it looks more indica dominant so the plant was under 24/0 800w flourecent ( im broke using cheapest set up possible), but the plant is really healthy the stalk turned really dark purple and the leaves are a dark green with new leaf growth weekly and at each node in between the stalk and branch is a tiny oval looking thing it doesnt appear to be a male preflower ( sorry no pics kinda just logged on and decided to post this thread )..so i switched my light to 12/12 two days ago and i was wondering if my plant is a female around how much bud do you think i can harvest

i know its not gonna be a big harvest but i just want to hopefully get like 3-4 0Z's just to hold me until winters over then i can try to grow outdoor i live in east san diego and where i live i can easily grow outdoor with 20 acres of land

Thanks

2. go to the search bar or advanced grow techniques, plant training, and search for (LST)

3. #3 samson32, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
    Is that 800 actual or equivalent watts for the cfls?

If it is equivalent meaning you only have 8 bulbs then you actually only have around 208 watts..

In flower they will double to triple size so keep that in mind now that you have switched so you have enough room..

It is very important not to have any light penetrating the night cycle when the girl is in 12/12..

3-4 ounces probably won't happen for a first time grower unless you did a lot of studying before hand and your setup is perfect.. Even then I wouldn't think that much would be able to be pulled, but crazier things have happened.. I'm going to guess under an ounce..

There are a lot of factors that determine harvest though.. Without really seeing the girl it is hard to throw out numbers..

A couple questions..

What strain are you growing?
    What nutes are you using?
    Are you using a mix of cfls or all of one kind?

Keep in mind that cfls add on 2-3 weeks for flower.. It takes cfls longer than other lights such as an hps to finish up the flowering process..

Goodluck though and hope your set up works well..:smoke:

4. Ya 3-4 ounces off ur first try off one plant very inlikely. i got roughly and a half ounces off 3 indoor my first grow

5. Three words for you to research:

autoflowering feminized seeds.

Autoflowering plants are WAY smaller than photo-period plants, they flower on their own regardless of photo-period, and they finish up FAAAAAST! Most are ready to harvest 60-70 days from germination. So if space is limited there is really only one answer for you, autoflowering strains. Heck, I even bet there's a probably a forum out there somewhere devoted to autoflowering strains.