Need to figure out how to hang my light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GhanjaFog, May 5, 2012.

1. Bought myself a 400watt HPS light at HTG earlier and I need some help setting it up, really the only problem im having is getting it to hang evenly, anyone else had this problem?

I put a couple hooks into the ceiling of my closet and i put some wire on them and hung it from there but it was really uneven once the ballast was moved and the cord was stretched a little, didnt think the ballast cord was so short so i have to stretch the cord a bit to plug it in.

any idea how i can get this thing to hang evenly above my plants? im trying to switch them to the 12/12 photoperiod but i cant do it until i get this light setup lol.

2. If you haven't got it up yet use chain very simple to adjust or use some kind of slipknot

3. Yeah i checked around for chains but i think i had used them for something else, or I misplaced them in my attic. I ended up using an extra wire to compensate and its hanging evenly now, this thing is so bright i don't need my ceiling lights anymore haha.

4. Do search on Amazon for ProGrip light rachet .

5. [quote name='"RO76"']Do search on Amazon for ProGrip light rachet .[/quote]

Searched it on amazon, I like those, looks soo much easier than hanging it from copper wire like i have been, thank you :)

6. Those are good . You will like those .

7. Rope ratchets FTW! They make light adjusting such an easy task. A must to own product for any indoor grower.

8. One option for hanging lights that get hot...is to use chain that is used on bathroom sinks(that hold the sink plug) it's light and strong and don't kink, cheap at your local hardware store.

peace
    "V"