Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need to choose a dispensary in NY

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by FaithWorks, May 5, 2016.

1. Hello Friends,
    I just received my NY Medical Card and have a choice of two dispensaries I can use. Both are close enough (within 15 minute drive) that the deciding factor would be the quality of their products. I happen to suffer from intense chronic pain due to a number of different medical conditions. My Dr advised me she recommends the product with highest THC level as that works best for patients who suffer with pain.

Which of the two following dispensaries seems like they would have the higher quality product?
    Etain Health – Highest Quality Medical Marijuana For Patients In New York or Home - Vireo Health New York

I am brand new to medical marijuana but have used bud since I was in HS 40 years ago. I am also not sure which is the better route to go. Vaping oil or tinctures under tongue. My question is tinctures similiar to edibles meaning they give you a body high versus a head high which seems to work much better for me for relieving pain. I know the pharmacist will explain everything to me. I just need to pick the pharmacy ASAP.

Thanks everyone.

2. Do they make you choose one before you can visit?
    If not I would go in and personally check each of them out.
    :smoke:

3. I am sure they are very similiar inside the dispensary. I was hoping that someone was familiar with both dispensaries so they could recommend which one had higher quality medication. I am sure they are both very close as they offer all 5 types of cannabis meaning the thc/cdb ratios. One thing that confuses me is that the Dr told me that I need to be careful vaping oil because it is so much concentrated with THC than high end buds. . It says on one of the two sites above that their strongest product is 19% THC. I know the bud around now like Sour Diesel, Bubble Gum Kush, etc are all highly potent and that the buds can be in the 17 to 21% THC level. If so, how can oil be considered stronger if the THC level is same as bud? I am sure which ever place I go, the medication will be just what I need so not really concerned. But If someone knew for sure that dispensary A has better quality that dispensary B, that would have pushed me in one direction. thanks

4. Oil is certainly stronger as it is concentrated, when they extract the oil they take like a lb of bud and get like an Oz of oil (I'm guessing on that conversion amount but I made up numbers for example purpose only)..same thing if you havr blueberries vs fresh squeezed juice..I sent you a conversation, I think it's pm I'm not sure

5. There's only a couple hundred NY mmj patients I'm not sure if we're going to find NY dispensary reviews..I'll check my leafly account, download the leafly app it's great

6. Dispensaries goes through phases sometimes so don't stick to just one. We will go to at least 5 or 6 different ones and occasionally a few others when we have to take a trip across town.