Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need tips on dealing with anxiety

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DFWInsomniac, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Hey GC folks, I've been smoking daily for a few years now as a way of helping anxiety. I've decided to go dry until Jan 1st to reset my tolerances and to save cash for the holidays. I'm only on day 2 but I'm finding it very hard to deal with my normal anxiety now compounded by a T-break.

The normal way to deal with this would obviously be pharmaceuticals but I've always avoided them and would prefer to continue without them. I figured more than a few of you have had to deal with this and might have some tips. I'm being way too cranky with my sons due to it and that's just not cool.

Any suggestions? Thanks much in advance.

2. I have anxiety problems too, but after I began to smoke, I have become a MUCH calmer person as a whole, and I can go dry for weeks without having problems. You should have gradually reduced the amount before stopping completely.

3. Don't do pharmaceuticals...

4. #5 Tree Of Life, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
    This is your current mentality: "Oh shit, what do I do, no weed, no weed!"

This is your new mentality: "I don't have any weed, but that's cool. When I do smoke I'm going to be HIGH! Until then I'm going to enjoy being sober." :hello:

Try to do things that you enjoy and keep your mind positive.

5. Look into the calming benefits of teas.
    Meditate
    Breathe right
    Eat right/flush with water
    Get enough rest
    You'll feel right as rain, and when you lay your lips on mary's again.... She's gonna send you to the moon.

6. [​IMG]

How I deal with mine. Screw everything else, it doesn't work in my experience.

7. I agree with gtx smoke weed til i die. :smoking:

You could start tripping to but I have never really had anxiety problems. Xanax is cool though.

8. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I can always count on the GC community :)

9. might want to give exercise a go. at least it'll get you mind off of your problem.

10. LOL love GC :smoke:

11. Take care of your mind and body :)
    Work out, go jogging, eat healthily, lots of vegetables, drink lots of water :)

I find the healthier I am, the happier I am :)

(I know this isn't a 'cure' for your anxiety, but it should see you through until you toke again) :)