Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need testing advice: Not drug testing, but testing the drug

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jfunke, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Well, if there is an answer to this question this is the community that has it.

Working with my doctor, and working on a disertation, I need to have some cannabis tested.  So what I am looking for is a lab resource, where I can send a sample and get a chemical breakdown.

Cannabis from collectives has it's potency listed, but there is no support for how that is established.  What I need is not only the potency, but everything else, and from a lab, so it can be cited.

Any suggestions?

2. Maybe a lab with an HPLC could help

3. I think it would depend on where you are. There are lots of independent labs around in "legal" states.

Also, you will need to figure out if you want gas chromotography or liquid. There are compelling arguments for both means. 

If you want a really thorough testing you also need terpenes, which will be a separate sample, as the break down too easily in the potency testing. 

4. Here are some tests (be patient – the page takes awhile to load).