Need sum advice on my first grow (with pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by metalliweed, Feb 1, 2008.

1. This is my first grow and just had sum questions about my plants progress. Its been looking good and has grown about an inch in this last week! :) Its growing a lot of branches off the inside as you can see in the picture.

[​IMG]

Buuut.. I just noticed today a leaf getting a purplish gray color to a leaf....
    Any idea what it could be?

[​IMG]

I was wondering if it was normal for my leaves to be as droopy as they are.

[​IMG]

Any advise will help. I started using Grow, Micro, Bloom last week and it seemed to help growth. and ratio was mixd right according to the specs. I only used it last thursday and again today. but now I duno wats making the strange color change. Iv been watering every other day with a lil extra wen its looking a lil dry. It's been with with ph tested water and has been on about 20 hours a day under a 250 watt MH. Thanks for any help you can offer!!

2. do you have two plants in one pot??

3. What is your ph? It looks like you might have spotting from ph swings. Also the drooping may be from over watering. How often are you watering?

4. Yeah, its two in 1. I started them in the same cup and I didnt seperate them so theyr still together. Iv been watering them once every other day with water around 6.5. Exactly how much would you recomend per water?

5. you are overwatering for sure. water them a good amount once every 2 - 3 days. (until water comes out the drain)

my opinion, its magnesium. add 1 tsp / gallon epsom salt to your feed. And you can add a DILUTE fert solution as well (1/5 of manufacturers dosage)

i would try the fert first, and add epsom later, if theres no improvement.

6. and bad idea, growing them both in one pot.

7. dont water on a schedule, thats a bad idea. just water till you get about 10% run off out the drain holes, but only water when it's dry. a lot of people say water after the top whatever of the soil is dry, but i get great root and plant growth when i let the soil completely dry out before i water again, well maybe not 100% dry, but damn close. and yeah you need to separate them into their own pots.

8. Will definitely stick to a lesser water regiment. and will try to figure out wat its deficient in and make the necessary adjustments. Could it be over fer too? but as for seperating them, I don't think i can because theyr roots are already so intertwined. This was my first grow and didnt seperate them in time from the beginning. (Chalkd up to experience) Thanks for the help.

9. some better, clearer pictures would be helpful for people to help you determine the deficiency. but also you should check out http://www.ganjaguerrilla.net/ has a lot of pictures of deficiencies, very helpful.

10. too late to seperate into own pots as the roots will be all tangled together so your gonna tear/rip roots even trying too seperate...............bad plan:rolleyes:...death MAY follow soon after.:eek:

possibly transplant into bigger pots, do not water again,since your last feed,for 4 days then feed. your overwatering them mate. then feed & 2 dry days & feed again...;)

you say its been on ABOUT 20 hours a day lighting.
    is it exactly on 20 hours or are you not using a timer & doing it yourself? IMPORTANT!...

plants love a stable enviroment ,lights on at same time ,rvk fan on 24/7,oscilating fan on 24/7,a regular feeding schedule, find your balance of feeding regime & stick to it;)
    plants can hold unused nutes, this is where finding the right balance is very important.

experience will tell you when & how much you need too feed.

hope this helps:smoke:

11. he already acknowledged that it was too late to separate them. and why do you say not to water after transplanting?

oh and get rid of the tin foil. either paint the walls flat white, or get some mylar.

12. Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it. I'll be taking all of your advise cuz for the most part it all seems pretty helpful. Thanks again!

13. I agree absolutely, the leaves look somewhat healthy, they are just drooping because they are getting too much water.