need speakers, help me out blades

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by SirInfi, Apr 3, 2016.

1. A guy at work said he has a 12" Klipsch sub laying around, im trying to get him to sell it to me.

Music/movies without the lower frequencies is like a pancake without syrup.

Lmk your impressions when you get yours

• Like Like x 1
  2. I did my homework on the svs sb2000. Best bang for the buck, it was voted best sub under $1000.

I noticed the klipsche was was nominated as well, but forget which model. They were known as being loud, but not under the 30 hz range.

The svs is better musically.

3. Ima check that svs out though, and yes if a sub doesnt play at least 20hz fairly well, it loses points in my book. Idk if movies or music use the full sub frequencies but id love one that plays down to 10hz, just to hear an earthquake in a movie haha.

Tell ya what, No Quarter live by Led Zeppelin is a good bass experience.

4. I still think either klipshce or svs is a good choice.

From my reading on subwoofer in the audio forums, 10 hz is not cheap. I'm not sure there's subs under $1000 that go into that range of frequencies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. the speakers you bought look nice. I have a pair of studio monitor KRKs. They do such a good job with music production or TV set IMO. Very good freq response through out the band. Good thing you didn't go buy bose. They make overpriced mediocre speakers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ill see if that guy from work will sell thay klipsch, otherwise, as my limite budget allows, ill probably go with dayton sub1500.

Frequency response down to 23, i probably wont beat that for less than $200. Supposedly a klipsch 12hg responds down around 16hz

• Like Like x 1
  7. My shit came today. Fucking beast this thing. Hairs that I didn't know I had is vibrating haha!
    [​IMG]
    Completely happy with this purchase

8. I have a Resonant Engineering (pre buyout) SX 15" sub in my shed, i thought about buying a box and plate amp but that turns out to be quite expensive compared with buying a complete powered sub.

9. Actually on the audio forums they say it's far cheaper building your own sub, if you have the tools that is.

I would just buy one though.

15" is a great size woofer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Im thinking about just buying an amp (since my denon e300 has only sub signal/ no amplification for sub) and using my RE SX. My gf would hate it but poor peeps gotta make do lol.

Do you have any knowledge of what would be a decent amp? I assume i could run the denon sub out to an amp then to the sub.

11. What's your budget? And are you/willing to save for higher quality?
    I keep reading about people who should of waited a little longer to get that step up model on the audio forums.
    I'm saving for an amp too, have a goal and will get there. I don't want stuff I regret only to buy the better equipment and lose money on the low quality.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Less than 200 since i could get the denon sub1500 for that.

Question.

My denon has a rca style single sub preout and i have an older klipsch ifi sub laying around but its only input is the dock it came with or line input (like headphones).

I am looking for an rca to line in and cant find one.

I need to learn electronics so i can tear this stuff appart and make my own stuff haha

13. Last year I bought a Vizio 5.1 soundbar system. I'm too much of an "overachiever" and wouldn't let myself go down the home theater route for a plethora of reasons. Needless to say, I was really happy. The subwoofer kicks for movies and music, and have a 5 channel system makes it really immersive. Plus, since it's still a soundbar system, there are virtually no speaker wires, save for the two rear speakers to connect to the subwoofer.

All in all, it hits well enough, has all the amenities like Bluetooth and DTS, blah blah, that my own folks even bought one to replace their ten year old home theater system. Got it for $200 off on Black Friday. Always wait for Black Friday sales or Memorial Day sales of you want maximum savings.

14. As long as you enjoy your sound, that's all that matters.
    I'm sort of an overachiever myself, and went the stereo route instead of home theater, but it's still good for movies. Bad for the wallet. I'm not sure id be happy with a soundbar now that I've been to the dark side.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have a bit of experience with audio equipment, from thousands of watts with car audio systems to home theater systems. Trust, you wouldn't be unhappy with the soundbar purchase. I was overly picky with it. But when I found the Vizio, and it had front L/R speakers and a center channel all plugged into one 54" long ass bar to leave a clean, uniform look, a rear L/R speaker setup, along with a dedicated subwoofer (it's hits down to 35 Hz with very minimal distortion at even the loudest volumes) I was a happy camper.

Still, one day I'll definitely have a legit home theatre. But for future reference, if you're ever looking for a quality, simple, best bang for buck system, check out Vizio's soundbar stuff. I know they're releasing an updated model within the next few months and the subwoofer could literally fit under your sofa or mattress if they're raised off the ground. That's sick. Boomin bass that no one expected. I'm all about low profile sleeper stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  16. My sub has RCA L/R inputs but next to one of the sides says something like "use LEFT only if single line" (could be RIGHT, I don't remember). Not sure if this helps or not but that combiner line above would be the final solution, I'm guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. So i tried it with two different rca R/L to line input wires also tried both red and white side, nothing.

Plugged my ipod into sub and it works. So either i am doing something wrong or my sub out doesnt work.

18. Preout would mean your sub has to be powered right? Your ipod is line out but if your Denon is preout to sub then you need an amp between your receiver and the sub (if your sub isn't powered).

• Like Like x 1