need something bigger then a loupe to check trichs

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by darren reefnugs, Apr 25, 2017.

1. my eyes arent so good these days nor is my ability to have a steady hand. i have one of the small 30x loupes from amazon, as well as the pocket scope from radio shack. neither is very easy to use or see when your hands shake.

what do you all use? i know i cant be the only one suffering through these tiny lenses.

2. I use a compound microscope, you can get them pretty cheap if you just want one for checking trichs. Mine was $400+ but is professional and came with a camera, can find one for a lot cheaper, especially if you don't want the camera. I'd look into amscope, most of their products are top of the line and their prices are good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Syntus 0.45X Wide Lens and 12.5X Macro Lens Attachment Clip-on Cell Phone Camera Lenses Kit for iPhone 7 6s 6 5s, Samsung Galaxy, Android Smartphones

I use a lens similar to this one. It just clips over the camera lens on your phone and if u zoom in before u take a pic it helps drastically

4. I use a children's microscope I bought on amazon. For looking at most microscopic things it would be crappy but since trichs do not require tremendous magnification to see, it works perfectly. I think I paid like 24 dollars for it, battery operated light and slides included.

5. you can get a USB microscope and attach it to your cellphone for nice pics.

6. man, i thought i was the only one... can't say i have tried everything yet but am working on it.
    i have a jewelers loupe, 420 scope, a cheap pocket led magnifier, a usb camera, another magnifying camera for $100 that i sent back. it sucks.

I have found this works best for me but is difficult for me to hold steady over the plant and must use it with my laptop since i don't have a smartphone.
    works like a champ if i have the bud in my lap or on a table.
    it is a Carson z-Orb something or other i got on ebay and is the best thing i have found so far.
    *edit: don't know if it works with phones.

7. could you mount that to a tri pod? I'm not exactly sure how the usb scopes operate, but that would prevent the unsteady hands.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk