Need some urgent help

Discussion in 'General' started by cjoII, Aug 18, 2013.

1. #1 cjoII, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
    Yea well I don't wanna bore you with the details of what I was doing but long story short (Shorter) I touched the positive and negative wire from the 120v AC house power and it short circuited 3-5 outlets and switches in the house, and the garage power (Accidently), I went to the cellar and checked the circuit breaker two of them were halfway, so i switched them to on and they still dont work, not sure what to do, im no expert on electricity. Please help!  :confused_2:

2. Call an electrician. Sounds like you will have to have some wiring replaced.

3. I'm kinda like an electrician. A circuit breaker trips to the middle position when it has been overloaded. To "reset" the breaker you must first push it down to the off position before you turn it back on. This is true with most brands of breakers. After they have been tripped they must be turned off before they are turned back on. If you are able to successfully reset the breaker or if it will not reset correctly and there is still no power at the recepticals we will need to talk again. What is the manufacture of your panel/breakers? GE, Siemens, Square D?

Was just about to post that, lol.

5. Idk call my dad he did electric work for years.