need some tips and some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pburnit420, Sep 21, 2012.

1. i am new to roll it up nd new to growing but am very dedicated and have down countless hours of research. i am gunna try my luck with a 75% coco coir and 25% perlite mix for my two plant setup. im purchasing a hydrofarm 125 watt flourscent grow light. and will also use 2 extra 40 watt cfl lights per plant to give light to shadowed areas. i have a personal ac in my room so my closet will stay at my desired tempature. i also will have a fan in the closet and will open my closet doors to give them fresh air every so often. i have my ph kit and canna cocoa nutrients. im thinking about doing a grow journal if i no people will give me helpful tips and info. i will flush once a month and im also i am growing northern lights because ive heard there great for begginers. sorry for the essay i just wanna get my shit together before i start, so any suggestions?

2. #2 LucidMobbins, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    Alright, I'll bite. Starting with this is not roll it up, its grasscity.com. Next, how do you plan to deal with the smell? How tall can these plants get? Any reason you have decided to use a florescent set up instead of MH/HPS? You need to be more than just opening a door of you want to see some good results. Air circulation, and exchanging the air in your grow room at all times is very important when it comes to mold. It's also important to get them a fresh supply of CO2 at all times (new air coming into the room is going to bring with it fresh CO2). I don't see this going very well if your only plan is to open a door. The more things you can have automatic (lighting controller, circulation fans) the better off you will be. I am sure you have more important things to do then watch a plant all day. I can't speak to soil growing it's not my thing and I will let someone else try and help you with that one. What temp can you keep your room at? What is the exact floor size of your space? You have written a lot, yes, but people will need more of the basic technical information to help you out.

3. if youre gonna use coco, check out this coco guide. having read it, I wouldnt recommend starting with coco, but with a good organically fertilised soil mix. if youre sure you can handle it though, then coco seems to be a great growing medium.
    you might want to take odor into consideration, at least in flowering.
    what kind of spectrum do you have on your CFLs? there should be a number on the package like 2700k (good for flowering) or 6500k (good for veg).
    I recommend you check out all the specific forum sections, theres a lot of good stickied guides.

4. I concur with the suggestions to improve your ventilation.

I prefer a 50/50 coco and perlite mixture so that my plants basically NEED water every day through flowering.

Managing the runoff with coco can be a chore and a hassle. Think about how you are going to deal with the removal without shuffling your plants around every day.

5. How much reading have u done again? This is an ill throughout mess of a post. Please keep reading. Not trying to be a Dick. But research is where growing begins.

6. my bad i post on roll and grasscity sorry bout that and i no ventaltion was gunna be a problem thats why i thought it would be a bad to get a mh/hps light. and my dimensions are 8 feet long 7 foot tall and 2 1/2 foot in width. i only have classes 3 hours a day 3 days a week so im pretty much home nd will keep the closet door open with a couple fans on to ventalite and my window ac brings new air in. i dont have much money for odor control but i was going to look into an ionizer b4 flowering or a light bulg. i heard northern lights stay shirt but i will fim if i have to. i have a lighting controller and circulations fans. ive heard alot of good things about coco coir but if soils gunna be easier ill look more into that. and as for tempature about 75 to 70 degrees im waiting on my humidity montor so i can check that. sorry about being such a noob its my first grow but all the help is greatly apprecaited

7. sorry really high when i posted that didnt really word that well at all sorry about that

8. i will shuffle my plants around every day if thats what it takes but do you have any ideas ima noob lol

9. Hydrofarm FLC0125D Fluorescent Grow Light System. that is the light cant find the spectrum