need some quick help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by azweedking, Sep 14, 2007.

1. so last night before i past out i watered the plants cause they looked like they needed somethin to drink. they are about 20 days old and were doing great up until now... i havent tested the ph level or anything i have yet to do that but a summary of the problem is, some of the lower first sets of leaves are starting to gain a yellowish tint and some of the newer leaves are forming some leaf burn around the edges. i dont have a camera so here is a horrible picture phone picture any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. sure like like overwatering, answer what you can

1. hydro, soilless or Soil & brand name of soil ?
    2. PH of reservoir solution?
    3. PH soil runoff?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps or reservoir temps

3. 1. hydro, soilless or Soil & brand name of soil ? = soil, ?
    2. PH of reservoir solution? =?
    3. PH soil runoff? =?
    4. PH of water?= its tap water...
    5. Age of plants? = 20 days
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?

this is the fertilizer that i added to the water= http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm...t/documentId/66436dee03510d646fc7853f91a11165

dosage=2tsp per gallon

7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants= two 50 watt cfls 2 inches away
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12? =24/0
    9. In light cycle how long? = 20 days
    10. Room temps or reservoir temps = 80

4. your ferts have been applied a wee bit soon seedlings need no ferts for the first 3-4 weeeks, but more importantly ,you gave them way too much

on the package it states :Mix 1 teaspoon per gallon of water for feeding indoor houseplants. & thats for house plants, our plants, although voracious feeders dont like that much all at once.
    I think you will find 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water will be a better mix and for the first feeding (in 2 weeks) dilute that by 50%

store bought ferts .....if following the printed directions should always start @ 1/4 strength and work up in strength

easiest fix is to transplant into actual pots with new soil (avoid miracle grow soils or any soils that contains "timed or slow release" ferts) rinse the roots under running water to remove the bad soil

water with 2-3 ounces of water and leave the plant alone for a week or so

edit: you also want to watch the streaming video on ph, runoff tests and flushing, it on my site see link below
    everything that goes in the pots should be PH corrected to the optimum range of 6.5 - 6.8PH

5. transplanted into larger pot.. watered it and ill let it sit for a week. im starting up a grow jounral i think starting now.

6. i transplanted the plant into a 2 gallon pot and waterd it like you said and when i woke up the next day the plant was at least 10 times worse... the leaves were brown and krispy but the newer leaves were still a nice green color. what should i do from here

here is a picture of tha plant as it is now.. the wrinkled parts are pretty much all brown. you cant tel from the picture quality

[​IMG]

7. you gave it ferts too & a double dose of it, it will take a bit to recover, it would be much worse had you let it sit in the double dosed soil,