Need some questions answered please :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hannahanarchy, Jan 19, 2010.

1. I am completely new to growing so have a few questions I would like to be answered...

If I grow just one plant, how strong will the smell be on a scale of 1 to 10?

When is the smell strongest and how long does this stage last?

Will things in the room with the plant start to smell too?

Is it possible to confine the smell to one room? If so how can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Depends on the strain.

During flowering. The last 8-10 weeks of the grow.

Yes.

Research Activated Carbon Filters, or a simpler solution like ONA gel.

Good luck.

3. Thanks for helping :)

4. MJ plants can reek to high heaven, including stinking up an entire house. Plan accordingly, and if you can't manage the odor then you are not in a safe situation and should not grow.

5. so it is only during the flowering process that the smell is the noticeable?

6. No, vegging plants can smell to. The OP asked when the smell was the strongest. it is strongest during flowering.

Good luck.

7. maybe if your doing a stealth grow if your growing legally you can sit back and enjoy your beautiful stink all day!!!!!!!!! or maybe not even legally just not in town or with no neighbors

8. Thanks for all the responses guys. :)

I'm planning growing Lowryder. How strong is the odor compared to others?

9. word, word, totes. i live in an apartment and this is my first grow. i've got the hole setup, except for carbon filtering. i am skeptical as to whether i need this, because my g.f. smokes, and is cool with it. no one ever comes into the apartment, but here's my question- i wonder if the smell will seep through the door, or if i'll have to keep my windows shut? should i just invest in the filter?

10. my plants are no more than 1 foot tall in veg and they smell the whole room up if i let the air sit

11. just buy the filter, or make one, better yet! it is a great way to avoid paranoid delusional psychosis.