Need some pointers.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LetGo, Sep 21, 2012.

1. #1 LetGo, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    Ok few things.
    Yesterday I began to see my third set of leaves coming in, they were planted as germ seeds Sep 15 AM, its now Sep 21 ~2PM.

I have 3 under 4 cfls 3x 6500k 1x2700k 100w ~1600 lumens each.

Now to the questions, I must have these flowered by no later than early december, so I kinda have to force them into flowering 3-4 week. I have a 400w mh/hps but when should I chose to use the mh for my short veg period?

Also, FEEDING! I have ff grow big/big bloom, when should I begin feeding grow big and should I just feed it when the plants thirsty? or alternate when its thirsty (feed/water/feed/water) ?

I just measured them, the biggest of the 3 is 2" tall 3" wide the smallest(sprouted a day later) is 2" tall 2" wide.

2 widow bombs/1 cheese

Any input / help is appreciated.
    Thanks, Letgo

e/ in addition i am growing in a 11x10 room, want to make sure vent is good. i have an a/c vent kicking on and off when house gets cool, but also have a 12" fan going into a 4" duct cooling the light and a ceiling fan on med moving air around the room. I CANT have the door open accept when going in/out of room to get new air, will the room get too hot? house is set at 75

2. #2 JackHerer34, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    You should be fine to switch to MH once they get just a little bigger. CFLs go a long way when seedlings are that little. MH will show you a little more vigorous growth, i would wait till you see a couple more sets of leaves. You could switch lighting now, just make sure you start it out high, and inch the light closer as they get used to HID lighting.

Grow Big is your veg fert, if you have 3 true sets of leaves it's safe to start using this but in a very small dosage. I would go 1/4 strength of what the bottle says. plain water in between feedings. As your plant gets bigger and develops better roots you can up the dose. Also, look into Superthrive. Since you are looking for a quick veg stage, you would really benefit from this since it really helps to speed up root production. I use it with young seedlings and have great success. Make sure you don't over water! Let the soil dry out a decent amount. Roots will automatically go searching for a source of moisture and therefore grow quicker than if you were to keep the soil constantly wet.

Big Bloom is your flowering fert. It's actually best used in conjunction with Fox Farm Tiger Bloom. wouldn't hurt to start small with your feeding of these fertilizers too. Make sure that you only feed after lights go out. if you feed while lights on or just before lights on, you have a higher chance of burning your plants.

Your set up sounds fine, just try to keep temps under 80 and you're golden. look into getting a cheap digital thermometer for like lizard cages and stuff so you can keep an eye on it.

Good luck

3. You can start seedlings under MH. The only problem that arises is if you are cramped for space, because they will get big pretty quick, similar to growing seedlings oudoors. If you're looking at 90 to 100 days total, you'll need to flip them asap IMO. Probably by the 6th or 7th leaf set.

4. When you flower is up to you. In flowering they grow 2-4x taller. So if you grow it to 8 inches you will have at least a 16 inch plant.

Also it takes Cannabis 20-30 days to be mature enough to flower. No getting around that.

For feeding...your soil should have everything you need for 2-3 weeks depending how big they get. You will be able to tell but count on feeding generally at the 3rd week.

You should not give nutrients more then every 5-7 days. Supplements can be added to every watering. For watering use the pick up method. Pick it up its heavy dont water, pick it up and its light water. Let it dry out between.

Make sure you PH balance your water after adding nutrients.

5. thanks for everyones input, i water them now when they get pretty dry its been on average 3-4 days They have been in the soil for almost 7 and only had 2 waterings. I do it by lifting them up but mainly just looking at how dry it is and sticking my finger(clean) in an inch down.

I have monday/tuesday both off so I was probably going to throw them under mh then so I can keep a close eye on them, Was going to start at 24 inches away and see how that goes. Maybe put them into their 3gallon pots too pending on how much they have grown until monday mid-day. That will be 1 full week they have been actually sprouted.