need some pointers for first grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zhunter, Jun 7, 2010.

1. I have two plants right now that are about 8 days from sprouting. They live in a rubbermaid grow tub that i built using 2, 36 gal tubs. Id like to keep them small to medium size, pending they are both females, would LST be enough or would there still need to be more room than that, any help is appreciated.

2. depending on the strain lst will work but you'll find you'll run out of room pretty quick in a rubbermaid once you factor in pot size, light size and the size of your plants once you set them into flower. some auto's are stable enough to stay under a foot but you sacrifice yield. that being said, you could pack maybe 5-6 1 ga. pots in it and have a decent yield on a cpl months. at present i'm using my tubs for a veg. chamber.

3. So should I plan on moving them out when I switch to 12/12? This shouldnt be a problem I just didnt know if I could complete the cycle in the tub enviroment. The seeds are from decent middies, so they are of somewhat decent quality.

4. Unless you've got autoflower seeds, that rubbermaid box is too small.

5. Thats what I was afraid of. Well I should be fine to move them out of the tub box when I switch to 12/12 right? I can try my best to replicate the enviroment outside of the tub.

6. #6 holiwood420, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    you can use the tubs as a veg. cab. and then move em. that's my plan, 4-6 weeks in veg (height permitting) under 400+ watts of cfl's, then onto the 1000w hps for flowering.