Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some medical advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mjrtoker, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Recently I had a cold but after i got better the cough stayed and after a week I went to see my doctor to find out what was up. She basically told me I was "wheezing" which was causing me to cough. I had this problem when I was younger and I had to use an inhaler. She gave me an inhaler again (like the ones for asthma) which I am supposed to take twice daily. My question is, is it safe for me to continue to smoke herb while using my inhaler? it is an Advair Diskus 250 and it says salmeterol xinafoate/fluticasone propionate dry powder for inhalation if that helps anybody answer my question.

Thanks in advance,
    Mjrtoker

2. Personally I would quit smoking weed.... And get a vaporizer :hello:

3. #3 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    Your real question should be: Is it safe to use a prescription inhaler at all?
    No, because its probably a sterioidial drug.

Cannabi is a MUCH safer medicine for athsma as its a bronchdilator and a vasodilator(meaning it opens up your airways and blood vessels)

Stop smoking your cannabis, and definitly never use tobacco of any kind(no blunts or cigars either).

This is is the wrong place, check out the medical Marijuana subforum.

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/373071-properties-cannabinoids-pic.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

I highly reccomend that you look into vaporizing. Remeber, VAPOR is not SMOKE, so it wont hurt you.

check out fuckcombustion.com for vapor specific info.

Basic advantages of vaporizing compared to smoking:
    Vaporizing is MUCH more efficient then ANY form of smoking, so it saves you herb and money!
    VAPOR= NO SMOKE so it is very gentle on the body(mostly the throat and lungs) and wont physically damage you at all(unlike smoking). Its a lot healthier then smoking.

It lets you actually TASTE the natural flavor of your herb, where as smoke taints any taste you may receive.

It does not smell like that of burning herb or smoke, if anything it smells more like the weed itself.

Goodluck!

edit: Is this the drug your taking? http://www.rxlist.com/advair-diskus-drug.htm

4. Ask your doctor. If you can't be honest with your doc about your drug use then you either need a new doc or you need to stop using. You are protected by doctor patient confidentiality.

5. yea but you cant be protected from doctor ignorance. haha

Most doctors in the US thrive because they prescribe dangerous and addictive drugs to their patients. Unless your like in California, your doc wont know shit about the real uses of medicinal cannabis.