Need Some Lighting Advice Please.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Mogood, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Ok so building my new grow rooms and already changing it up....
    The room for the 12-12 is an odd size 13x12. Thinking of 9 total lights in the room. height is not an issue. Nor is any room requirement. I can make it whatever as it is an empty building with a 30 foot ceiling so looking at 8 foot ceilings. Please advise on inexpensive lighting quality and quantity. I am thinking 9 digital dimmable ipower 1000s vented and air conditioned. Will be growing in baton buckets with promix and drip feed.Please advise an old hippy on the new ways of doing the best. I need help from this community I been around but far from knowing it all and well you guys rock !!!!
    Tia
    Just so you know this is personal grow for medical reasons.... I know its a bit big but I do have reason for it. I will be helping some old friends (guess they are all old these days) with cancer, diabetes, pain management, several medical conditions. Anyway all advice is accepted.

2. Inexpensive to purchase = expensive to run. expensive to purchase = inexpensive to run. Thanks for looking out for others man. It is hell to have a medical need and not be able to help yourself. you mentioned HID but I am a big Advanced LED lights fan. lots of LED light companies have 90 money back guarantees. i am an old guy to me going from HID to LED was like going from a flip phone to a smart phone. I am happy i did.

3. a 1000w covers 4x4 so 9 would be plenty

• Like Like x 1
  4. actually a 400w HPS/MH light covers 9-16 square feet , and 1000w can actually cover (up to you) up to 25-36 square feet!

not well unless you're using a wing reflector...4x4 is perfect

6. #6 South Ontario, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
    I wasn't saying you were wrong :p

I mean just think, the plants aren't literally dividing the wattage thats presented, if the lights on them there getting a full dose of whatever lights being used.

P.s, For veg cycle I always use 4Ft 100W T8 CFL lights :) and HIDs for flowering

7. #7 IfeltathighTX420, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    If you are looking at saving money then my friend you are looking at the wrong things.

You need:

1. A warranty from your shop. ( mine is 3 years for the ballast and 5 for my fan)
    2. A good brand. (cough solis tek cough)

i remember coming across Ipower and then i kept going.. 

Get the ipower1,000s if you have old sick people to care for you want some horsepower.

Go hydro, its easy and side by side kick the shit out of a soil plant.

9. Wow some great advice I thank you all. The Ipowers are here well 3 are soooo. Also started a soil cook but do have hydro nutes as well . I may do a side by side hydro and organic soil just to see. Then we that may be more trouble than I s worth.. So many decisions.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app