need some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by acextreme, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I have 4 feminized white widow seeds. They have been growing for 15 days and are about 3 inches.. the biggest being 4 iches. Anyways, they are all green and look healthy but are growing very slow for autoflowering plants. I have a 400 watt hps, 2 fans blowing on them, and they are in 8inch pots. The soil i used was miracle grow organic choice. I'm wondering whats wrong? Maybe i need to add perlite or some molasses or something? Any help appreciated.

2. Well how much side growth do you have? If you have some I wouldn't be worried, if its tall and lanky then its stretching and you need the light closer. The only thing perlite will do for you is help your pots retain more water. I would hold off on feeding nutes for another week, not sure if molasses will burn em though it might not.

3. #3 acextreme, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
    well the bad thing about the MG soil is it has fertilizers in it.. however its very low and all organic and supposed to be used for tomatoes.. i wanted to get fox farms but i wasnt able to order in time.. im thinking that they are so small because of the ferts possibly? As far as side growth and stretching.. i had the light very close about 2 feet and that is why it might be so compact.. however i want it to stretch and branch a little more so i raised it to 3 feet (its an hps) but as far as growth they have 2 sets of brancing with 3 leaves

4. Well its not uncommon for that strong of soil to burn young plants roots, but if that were the case you would notice nute burn on the leafs.

5. You will find the same volume of soil w/o perlite will actually hold more water longer than the same volume with added 25% of perlite,the perlite will help the soil with better drainage and less moisture retention which will require water/solutions to be added more often.

MJ likes the added perlite because the roots love the o2 it gets when the soil becomes dry between waterings,an over wet soil can slow growth allot compaired to a soil with added perlite and being alowed to nearly dry between waterings.

IIRC that soils ferts are of the organic type and are not strong and are not of the timed released variety.

I would avoid stretching plants for any reason,if anything LST them to get more light where you want it.

6. I hear white widow is a pretty low growing plant. Do you have exp with the strain or is this your first ww grow?

7. thanks for the reply's.. this isnt my first grow but my first ww grow, however, i'm pretty sure that the plants got burned by the ferts.. some of the leaves are yellow and its what i think stunted the plants.. how long do yall think it would take them to rebound? and would the continuous feeding of the ferts hurt them down the road? So far, i flushed them with distilled water and am hoping that they can thrive again

8. Easy with the flushing, don't want to add over-watering to the problem.

...Happy Growing!

9. OCDinFL just rolled over the post odometer. 420 posts sounds like a blunt worthy occasion to me:hello: