Need some help!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by diddy3, Jan 1, 2013.

1. I looked at my plants this morning and noticed these spots on the leaves any suggestions?? Also one of the leaves started curling!!

image-3558227688.jpg

image-830720167.jpg

image-1690888866.jpg

image-3298809815.jpg

2. looks like light burn

3. Im not qualified to answer this, but i read it and then was just reading about ph in soil. Here is an excerpt, made me think of this post.

"Symptoms of Ph lockout are those of nute deficiencies: the plant starts to cannibalize itself starting with the older fan leaves first. The tips of the leaves will look burnt and the leaf will start to yellow and eventually die. "

4. The first two pics look just like a plant I have that didnt like being directly under its new XXL hood (it was a baby clone).....I could be wrong (it still looks like light burn)

5. Thank you both! It could be the ph bc I have been using distilled water! I do keep reading that they like it acidic! So it may be I have adjusted the lights!

6. Are you using any nutrents? What type of soil are they in? If you are using nutrents was there ever a chance that some of that nutrent water got on the leaves when u water them? The leaves curling up is to much nutrents. And the burn part what size light are you using and how far away from the plants are they?

chill & smoke some bud!

7. I am using fox farm ocean forest and using big bloom tiger bloom and grow big all ff!! They have just been using whatever the soil has in it! I watered today and started my nutrients. I am using 4 23w cfl!! About 4-5 inches away from them!

8. Well guess it isnt light burn...mine was under a 1000w hps.

9. [quote name='"diddy3"']I am using fox farm ocean forest and using big bloom tiger bloom and grow big all ff!! They have just been using whatever the soil has in it! I watered today and started my nutrients. I am using 4 23w cfl!! About 4-5 inches away from them![/quote]

IMO I would say its a nutrent burn. With cfls u would have to have the plant directly on the light for it to burn, and if it was a burn it most likely would go across the whole leaf not just a circular burn on half of it. Do u spray your plants down?

chill & smoke some bud!

10. I just fed them nutes yesterday!! And no I do not spray them..

11. Since the surrounding leaves look UNBURNT I will say it's some kind of hot fert. Now that it's Jan.4, I would like to find out the result of your problem. I have seen more then one post about FF being a bit too hot but the strange thing is how many of the leaves look to be healthy.