need some help with the baby plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by alienBuds, Dec 9, 2010.

1. hi my friend has a little one growing she is about 2 and a half inches and about 5 days sprouted hes a little bit concerned with the color of the stem its kind of purple near the bottom of the stem where the stem meets the dirt also he is concerned the little one <-----(meaning baby plant) is not getting enough light my friend is using 1 argo-lite its a 60 watt 120v it has a blueish tint to it and is kinda warm its about 9 inches away from the little one is this enough light. will my friend have to upgrade to a new light soon if so what will he have to upgrade to <----(what kind of light) and when should he get the new light like what size should the plant be. he told me he placed the seed in miracle mix surrounded by light and foil got nothing the first 2 days but one day he woke up and it sprouted an inch then the next day it sprouted another inch then the next few days there was no growth he was watering it a few times a day but then started watering it not as much he is concerned to why it isnt growing that he can notice is he doing something wrong does he need more lights or a different light?:smoke::confused: