need some help, plants growing since october, still no buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bobobobman, Feb 13, 2009.

1. #1 bobobobman, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
    okay so i have a friend and he asked me for some help, im not 100% sure on the problem, im sure he had them in vegetation for way too long but other than that i have no idea, here is all the information on what hes done.

they sprouted october first. he has a small closet (30 inches across 19 deep floor to ceiling) grow 6 plants. the seeds were given to him. theyre regs im pretty sure, they guy called them "green airy's". they were free so doesnt matter.

hes using two halogen bulbes that are 100w and one thats 150 watt. theyre like lights for a lizard tank, the round ones.

he started growing with the lighting on 18 light 6 dark, then around christmas switched to 12/12. since 2 weeks ago he started a new thing, one less hour of light a week until he hits 8 hours of light and 16 dark, hes at 11 13 now i believe.

he tries to keep the air temp at 87 degrees, and humidity at 40% with a small fan mounted in there on high at all times.

he hasnt been using nutrients or plant food or anything, just distilled water and organic soil.

right now the tallest plant is 47 inches and the shortest one is 28 inches (shares a pot with another plant) all the others are between 36 and 42 inches and are only showing a few hairs and no real buds. im out of answers and he has no idea what to do cause we were expecting harvest like two months ago.

if anyone has any idea whats going on, and how to force budding lemme know.

thanks guys
    peace

2. #2 cosmokramer421, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    "hes using two halogen bulbes that are 100w and one thats 150 watt. theyre like lights for a lizard tank, the round ones."

That's the problem. Halogen lights are not meant for growing. They produce too little light for the amount of heat they produce. The only real viable lights for cultivating a plant is Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs), Fluorescent tube lights, High Pressure Sodium, Metal Halides, or LEDs, anything else is just a waste of time.

3. u just blew my mind:smoke:

4. #4 xpirate77, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    ok, alot info here...

Are there visible buds on the plants?

and also, theres no such thing as "vegging for too long"

those lights need to be changed though, halogen bulbs are bunk for growing, if he wants to stay the cheap route, have him go buy like 8-10 42w CFLS and put those up instead.

honestly, i they just aren't budding, and you don't have any pics, im stumped, because if it was the care he was giving them, they would just be dead.

is he sure theyre all female?.. if theyre male plants, they wont develop buds at all, theyll just form pollen sacs that will eventually pop.

oh and his change of lighting?... tell him to stop that... 12/12 is what it needs, thats it.

5. alright thanks, he went and got some new lights today. he got 2 2ft tube lights for growing indoor plants from home depot, not sure if theyre sodium or cfl or what they are. ill have him send me some pictures.

thanks for the info guys