need some help on airconditioning

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by igotagun, Dec 1, 2012.

1. I'm getting ready to set up a sealed room and was going back and forth between water cooled and a/c

my big problem is it gets way below freezing up here would the a/c sitting out side freez up on me?

2. Why not just pull air in with an inline fan, and set it to a store bought thermostat? The A/C will use a few amps when it kicks, and you might throw a breaker. Also, with water cooling you might get mold, but it depends how you do it. I take it your going to do Co2? With the sealed room and all.

netropolus: Duct Stat Duct Fan Thermostat

3. Assuming by water cooled u mean a cooler that sprays cold water into the air to cool i would not go water cooled at all with a sealed room. With a sealed room ur gonna have high humidity ul need to deal with as it is, adding more water to the mix is only going to make this problem worse as I found out. Air conditioning all the way. U might wanna check out my thread on the topic as its the first time I've attempted a sealed grow and it's got some top info in there. Not sure how to post a link to the thread but it's titled 'help sealed room humidity / condensation problem' hope I helped. Any more questions ask away.

4. actually that's how I have my 4k room set up works great

and yes I do plan on using co2

I would have the a/c on a dedicated circuit . Just not sure how to keep it from freezing

by water cooled I mean Watercooledgardens.com :: 4-6000 Watt Complete Water-Cooled System (no lighting)

5. Air in or air out is not a sealed room. With a true ceg there is no air transfer in or out of the grow room. Your talkin about a semi sealed grow.

6. And if ur goin all out on water cooled equipment like that u really wanna be goin fully sealed and havin total environmental control of your room.

7. I just read your thread your right great info there

I guess I was totally clear on my set up

right now im running a 4k vented grow. but im in the prosses of moving into my basement it unfinished ATM when I do that I want to be completely sealed and will be add 2 more lights for a 6k flower room room is 9x13x8

I totalt understand the importance of getting everything dialed in first co2 has always been last on my list

my real concern at this point is will my outdoor unit freeze up in winter month's possibly as cold as -30 f right now at 3pm its 6 deg

and thanks for all the advice

8. Done a bit of research and the only things I can find on ac units freezing over is when they have a fault. Don't quote me on this though as I'm no ac engineer, just stating what I've read. Ur best off ringing somewhere that sells ac and askin them outright. Just say you work in an industrial unit and ur machinery generates a lot of heat so u will need ac even when outside temps get as low as they do in ur area. Let me know what they say as I'll be intrigued to learn the answer.

9. Looks top notch to me. Purpose made aswell. Get it bought! And get me one while ur there. Haha

10. FrostBox Air Conditioners AC Unit

well looks like there no longer in business there still in stock but im not sure if its a good idea to buy one parts may be hard to get if something goes wrong

11. It'll come with a minimum 12 months guarantee so if it goes wrong they'll just replace the unit.