Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need some help on a bad trip i just had

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokehemp, Feb 6, 2010.

1. ive been smoking ofr like a year or 2 but just occasionally. we got some high grade of a local dealer and rolled up some fat zoots. me and a few mates went out to blaze and it was a really chilly day, so we lighted up a zoot and started passing it around ater i had taken 9 or 10 long tokes i started to feel dizzy. I had a sit down and thats when it hit me, i fell more relaxed than usualy and got really cold, i thought i was gonna pass out so i started walking around, around then my vision went, i couldnt see anything it was like i had been punched in the face. i went to sit down and kind of went into a deep state or paranoia and shock, the weather was killing me and i felt like just puking and passing out. i couldnt hear much and was in my own little world, took about 40minutes before i had the strenght to stand up again. This incident has really put me off smoking pot now, ive probably smoked weed about 15 or 20 times before and never had nothing like this? i need some advice and if this has happened to any of you before? thanks for your help :cool:

2. Well, you weren't tripping first of all. You were just really high. I've experienced pretty much exactly what you described a couple times myself. I will be standing up outside or something and just get really weak in my legs like i need to sit down, and if i try to fight it my vision starts fading like I'm about to pass out. I am almost positive this is from getting too high too quickly because the first time it happened to me was the first time I smoked out of a bong and the first time I smoked dank.

3. It's alright man, you got super stoned :). Just because you smoked bud 20 times does not mean you're always going to be ready for some dank. (I smoked 5 times a day everyday of my junior year in highschool). Also, for me at least, the weather is the key to my highs. I rarely smoke outside when it's cloudy and cold and when I do I get really cold as well.

Remember, NO MATTER WHAT, enjoy the high, stay lit, and don't trip :)

4. STAY HYDRATED, is the most important thing to remember when you smoke.

And other than that, I would just say know your limits, next time take like 4 hits then relax. If you are feeling not high enough, rinse and repeat

5. One day I went to my dealers house to buy an eighth and I hit a popper (weed + tobacco in a bong, and it wasnt my first either) and I passed out and hit my head on cement, it was only 4 stitches but it was to the skull.
    Right after it happened I rolled up a joint before going to the hospital.

6. i went into the situation on a negavtive state of mind, wasnt feelingg to great and had a cold aswel, do you think this could have effected the high i had?

7. just a random thought... it could be a blood pressure issue...

when i ran track i was a sprinter. at the end of my races i would stop, and sometimes i would almost pass out. this was caused by a rapid decrease in my blood pressure from the dilation of my blood vessels and my heart rate. while i was running, my heart rate would rise, and my blood vessels would dilate to compensate for the extra blood flow throughout my body.

at the end of the race, i would slow down, and catch my breath. my heart rate would slow back down, but the problem was my blood vessels wouldn't contract as fast. with my blood vessels dilated and my heart not pumping near as much this would result in a major drop in blood pressure. i would get dizzy, weak, and my vision would fade to black. sounds pretty much like what you were going through. to remedy this problem i would just slow to a jog and run about 20-30 meters farther to give my vessels time to contract in good time with my heart rate.

i'm sure the combination of you being high and cold had something to do with what you experienced.

8. Yes, state of mind is crucial to having a good high. There are people who smoke because they feel bad and feel better afterwards. Then there are people who if they smoke while feeling shitty in their sober state will feel bad when they are high. Everyone is different.

9. you sir smoked urself retarted.

A tip i just gave is that when you feel paranoia. STOP thinking in words.
    You'll see that when you stop thinking in rational words, you'll think in pictures.
    It will be a much more relaxing experience if instead of trying to control your brain, becoming and spectator and watching where it takes you.

10. You sir are genious.
    Good insight.
    +rep

11. yes, I find that smoking usually just makes me feel relaxed and whatever mood I was in before.
    I always get myself into the right mood before I smoke, Like yesterday. I was having a decent day and had rolled a blunt of some dank and was headed out to cruise and toke. But right as I was leaving campus a girl rear ended me in the rain. Kinda ruined the mood. I could have smoked after it all got worked out and been high and pissed. But I calmed down instead and got in a good mood before i sparked that L and the high was much better than it would have been if I had smoked earlier.

12. hhmm i never knew you could have a bad trip on weed. although i did black out one time and couldnt see, it was like when you close your eyes but my eyes were wide open.

13. 20 times wont get you a tolerance. theres people on here that probably smoke that amount in two days. next time be conservative. maybe smoke bongs so you can gauge your high better.

14. You greened out man, just smoke less next time. Especially if it's high grade.

15. Pretty much what everyone else said.

A lot of times when I'm really blazed even if I'm in a pretty warm house I suddenly get the chills, so it'd suck to be outside in winter really blazed for that long..

Know your limits, it's okay to say 'Pass.' if you have a comfortable high, why smoke more if you're stoned enough? It's not like you're gonna be high longer, you're probably just gonna end up uncomfortably high and get paranoid then you're whole session was a buzzkill when it could had been a good time.

The closest ive gone to experiencing what you described is when I was uncomfortably high as well as DEHYDRATED, when you go on a roadie or something bring a bottle of water.

16. Did you mix the joint with tobacco? Sometimes that can do that to you.

17. the J was mixed with a fair amount of tobacco, next time ill take my tokes over a longer period hopefully will be a more comfortable high.

18. hello there my friend how u are today?

19. im fine today

20. hahahah you were stoned off your ass man! no way were you trippin, only your minds. What do you need some help with?