Need some help for my first closet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 0burton0, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm putting together my first grow room, and i have some questions. I've done alot of research but I'm still stuck on a few things. I'm working with a closet that is 5.5ft x 3.5ft x 8ft, with a regular folding closet door. I have all of my equipment except for the ventilation. I have a 400w lamp with bot MH and HPS bulbs, and ballast.

First, is it really necessary to keep the ballast outside of the grow room?
    Second, for the fresh air intake, is it necessary to run some duct work? Or can it just get pulled from under the door or something like that?

If anyone has a know-how about this I would really appreciate it, or any other ventilation ideas.

Thanks

2. The variables will depend on your location in the US and the location of your grow room. If not in a basement your room will most likely get too hot in the summer to keep your ballast in there, and too cold in winter. I would set up some ventilation to pull air from a part of the house that u can control temp. Closets are tricky and I would prefer to do ventilation as opposed to leaving the door open (risky). Carbon filter and good strong fan are a must.