Need some help, first time.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Levimoody, May 4, 2008.

1. Ok, i have enjoyed the plant since i was 11. I am now wanting to grow it to have a little extra cash around. I plan on growing 3 - 4 AK-47's. have $100 or so to spend on the box/lights... Could get more. The question i have is where to grow it? Im still living with my parents... I need to know a stealth way to grow it in either my basement or a garage. If i need to i can just start with 1 or 2 and go from there...

2. I am going to tell you what I tell everyone in your situation, growing in your parents house is not smart. Obviously since your trying to hide it, you realize they wouldnt condone it. They are at risk should knowledge become public, and parents are very intuitive, they usually know when somethings going on.
    However I do not know your situation, and everyones home life is different, should you decide to do so anyway, I recommend you check out the "grow journal" and "grow setup and design" sections for ways.
    Good luck, and take EVERYTHING into consideration.
    Also, depending on where you live, since your location isnt good, and your budget is limited, you could always try outdoor.

3. I would just grow bag seed if you still live at home, plus it is your first grow. You don't want to kill some nice ak-47 plants, or have your parents rip them to shreds for that matter.

-C

4. After reading that i have decided that i might try growing it at the river. Is now a good time of the year to do so?I live in Kansas so we get quite a bit of rain... Could someone please help me out... With $100 or so could i get all the appropriate tools to grow? Parents are growing a garden so i have the ferts i need and the soil.

5. well the moral issue of wether you should grow in your parents house is all up too you buddy.

if you have $ 100 bucks to spend on a 3 grow up your going to have to use CFL's.

100 bucks is not really alot to work with for 3 plants.

if i were you i would get 5X 6500k 45w CFL for veg and 6X 3000k 45w CFL for flower.

the bulbs will run about $18.00 apiece. if this is still to much for you then your going to have to reduce the number of plants your growing at once so you can scale it.
    if you only grew 2 plants you would only need 3 6500k and 4 3000 k. or if your growing one plant then 2 6500k abd 3 3000k.

with $100 you can really only afford one plant. just got with some heavy lst.

6. im a indoor hydroponics guy i dont really mess with soil, however if your going to grow outdoors if your strain is ak47 you wont be able to harvest until september.
    for soil you should read some of the forums in outdoor section and find 2 or 3 different soil types people use and try one of them out. :poke: